Few days back, I was checking out my Facebook newsfeed and found an interesting meme “At night I can’t sleep, and in the Morning, I can’t wake up”. Unintentionally I said, “WOW, that’s me”. Sleeping problems are just ruining my life. Day by day, it looks like it’s becoming tougher to toughest when I think I’ll sleep now.
Theoretically, to keep your mind and physical health fresh and cool, you need seven to nine hours of sleep, but nowadays maximum people can’t sleep this much of time every night. As a result, diseases like- Heart disease, Stomach ulcers, Pre-diabetic state and Constipation silently create a nest in our body. Aren’t these scary enough?
Remember, “Sleep is the best meditation.”- Dalai Lama
Many researchers are working to find out the solution of this sleeping problems. Few came up with great results too. Here goes few scientific solution for your sleeping problems-
1. Sleeping Positions: If your sleeping position is Back, then it’s good for curing your back pain, but it can cause snoring, sleep apnea, and digestive problems. So you need to elevate your head, and raise the head of the bed two to four inches.
Side sleeping position is good for heartburn, but bad for back pain. So hug a pillow whenever you are going for a sleep.
Those who have snoring problem, they can try Stomach sleeping position which is also good for sleep apnea. But sleeping quality & neck and back pain sufferers shouldn’t sleep in this position. For this style, you need to place a pillow under your pelvis and lower abdomen, but no pillow under your head (or use a softer one).
2. Room Temperature: Sleeping is related to peace. If your bedroom is too warm, how can you sleep? 60 to 70 degree Fahrenheit is the ideal temperature for a bedroom, in your sleeping time. As per the Scientists, a cooler bedroom may consequently be most helpful to sleep, as it impersonators your body’s usual temperature drop.
3. Move all electrical devices from your bed: It can be really tough for you to move your phones and computers away from the bed before sleep, but you must. It’ll help if you have distress falling asleep. The light from screens disturbs our sleep-wake cycles.
4. Establish a bed-time routine: Set-up a regular time for sleep, and try to maintain it very strictly. You can include meditation, deep breathing, and aromatherapy in a massage from partner.
5. Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT): Most of the people can learn the basics of this mild patter system in just a few minutes. It will help your body’s bioenergy system to be stable. The effects are usually long-term and development is extraordinarily swift.
Originally published at medium.com