But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33
To be Spiritually Disciplined, you must prepare yourself for your Spiritual Heart Checkup. Why do you need a Spiritual Heart Checkup?
Think about your reaction to certain situations, like:
· Your attitude; when you wake up, are you ready to start your day with a positive or negative mindset. How you start your day is indicative of how the rest of your day will be.
· How you treat your family and friends; when a family or a friend seems to be heading in the direction towards destruction! Do you love? Or do you judge?
· How you react to people you don’t know; how do you respond when someone cuts you off while driving? You have to be careful with your reaction, they could be distracted from a disturbing phone call, someone could be after them or their child or loved could be hurt.
How would you respond? Mindfully or Mindlessly?
Your reaction is based on the condition of your heart. Does your heart reflect spiritual or worldly actions?
So let’s begin your Spiritual Heart Checkup. Remember you will need to look at your heart first. Your heart is a physical and the biggest emotional organ. It is thought of as being the seat of affections. As well as being the vital center and source of one’s being, emotions and sensibility.
The heart affects your thoughts, speech and actions. Good or bad. It is very essential to your Christian growth and personal development to have your Spiritual Heart Checkup on a daily basis.
Having this type of checkup, may seem painful at first, but as a result from obedience and having faith, it will begin to produce abundant blessings. (Scripture Reference: Hebrews 12:11). As a believer, you must seek to become disciplined in order to grow spiritually.
Think about your heart now. How is it?
You must remember having and activating your Spiritual Heart Checkup is vital and is an ongoing process. Being consistent daily will help your heart mature.
Here are some specific steps required for your Spiritual Heart Checkup:
· daily training in bible study
· daily commitment to prayer
· daily worship
· daily fellowship with others
· community service – connect and serve with a Charitable Organization
This preparation will help you be more conscientious about your:
· speech-positive words
· thoughts- positive thoughts
· actions- positive body language
*Thinking mindfully is a part of developing a positive attitude in these areas.
We all need to examine ourselves everyday.
Doesn’t seem to be working? For more effective results, you may need to Spiritually Detox.
Effective today, for the Spiritual Detox Program, I am prescribing the following:
· Recognize your sins and ask God for forgiveness
· Forgive yourself and others
· Receive forgiveness
once all of these are accomplished, you will:
· Experience joy
Remember your daily regimen:
· studying the word of God
Participating in this program will help remove any:
· thoughts of sin
· ill feelings
· negative or bad attitudes
· treating others badly
Doing this daily regimen of your Spiritual Heart Checkup and Detox Program, will keep you fully charged, spiritually. Being fully charged, spiritually will give a clearer picture of your purpose! A purpose that will reflect a mindful and positive impact on your life and the lives of others.
This series will continue in Part 2: Scripture Based Daily Regimen
Certified Purpose & Character/Transformation Coach