Clay Hamilton’s new book, How Do You Meditate?, includes thirty interviews from a remarkable group of meditation teachers whose diverse and enlightening responses offer insights, advice, and inspiration as they answer key questions and share simple, accessible wisdom.
In the book the meditation teachers recommend over 60 meditation books which they have enjoyed and commonly recommend to others. The following is a list of 20 of the books which were recommended by the meditation teachers featured in the book:
- Wherever You Go, There You Are by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Mindfulness in Plain English by Henepola Gunaratana
- Be Here Now by Ram Dass
- Zen Mind Beginner’s Mind by Shunryu Suzuki Roshi
- A Lamp in the Darkness by Jack Kornfield
- Being Nobody, Going Nowhere by Ayya Khema
- The Experience of Insight by Joseph Goldstein
- A Path with Heart by Jack Kornfield
- Destressifying by Davidji
- The Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse
- Beginners Guide to Meditation by Jack Kornfield
- Full Catastrophe Living by Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras as translated by Dr. Ravi Ravindra
- Bliss More and The Inner Gym by Light Watkins
- 10% Happier by Dan Harris
- Don’t Be A Jerk and It Came from Beyond Zen and Letters to a Dead Friend About Zen by Brad Warner
- Unplug by Suze Yalof Schwartz
These books were recommended by Martin Aylward, Wade Brill, Ryan Nell, Oren Jay Sofer, Suze Yalof Schwartz, Nevsah Karamehmet, Lisa West, Thom Walters, Stephen McManus, Tony Wiederhold, Giovanni Dienstman and Ntathu Allen.
From the book:
To find out how meditation teachers meditate, I contacted teachers from around the world and asked them lots of important questions. In the book you will learn the favourite techniques of each meditation teacher, common mistakes and best advice, how often to meditate, whether to go on meditation retreats, and the benefits of guided meditations compared to non-guided self-practice, suggestions for how to think about goals for a meditation practice, misconceptions and risks, favourite quotes and stories, as well as the book recommendations.
The book is available now at Amazon in paperback and ebook.