Is it that it’s hard to earn money?
Or that I need to struggle in order to make things happen?
Do I need to work hard to get what I want?
Letting go of the control and uncertainty is challenging…and work in progress – every. single. day. Not knowing exactly what the next steps are and where things will end up can be stressful. It’s the thinking brain that keeps overthinking and worrying.
It’s natural to want to control where life is going; though the more that I keep pushing, the more the roadblocks keep appearing.
So every time this happens, I have to keep asking myself, what is the lesson that I need to learn?
Here are the top 6 lessons that I’ve learned:
- Release myself from the pressure to find more self-compassion. For myself first and then to everyone else.
- Letting go can be challenging, especially when I feel like I am a sponge for everyone else’s ‘stuff’.’ Some ideas that have been helpful for me to let it go include journaling, talking, exercise, and engaging in creative projects.
- Give myself a break to find the ease and flow in my life again.
- Remind myself that I am enough.
- Self-talk to soothe and release second guessing myself.
- Know and believe that I am (more than) enough — no matter what others think and/or tell me.