Ok, let me start by saying I am totally aware of the current situation. I understand the uncertainty and anxiety at the moment that people are experiencing and how real that is. We are living in a crazy time and adjusting to a (temporary) new way of living.
As a Travel Business Coach and Brand Strategist, I might have a different view for you, a broader vision that might just give you that confidence you need right now to book that trip, or plan that dream vacation or even just plan at all.
So many people had their travel plans halted and the uncertainty has made them (understandably) reluctant to rebook… but you really should! Here’s my top 5 reasons why:
- Travel isn’t going anywhere (kinda ironic right now!). Obviously we are in lockdown right now but we won’t be forever. Travel isn’t a ‘fad’ or ‘trend’… it’s a necessity. We all need it and more importantly, we all want it.
- It won’t be as long as you think. Did you know 11% of the global economy is reliant on travel and tourism? Ask yourself this question: how long can travel reasonably be restricted for? The answer you will reach is: not long at all.
- It’s a great focus! Think about it! I honestly can’t think of a better project right now then planning a trip. Let your inner Wanderlust go wild! Get the family involved too! We’ve been hosting family zoom calls to discuss and plan upcoming trips and it’s a highlight of our week.
- Well-being and positive reinforcement. Use travel as a form of therapy and get lost in something that makes you feel good and inspires you. It’s good for the mind and soul to plan for the future and can reinforce a positive mindset and remind you that this is a temporary situation.
- Get a great deal! Who doesn’t love a great deal?! The travel companies all want your business and that means there are fantastic prices to be had! Just be quick! Travel is going to boom in a big way in the near future, so be a savvy saver and get in first.
Don’t be afraid to make future plans and book your travel for the end of the year and 2021. In a time like this, the pleasures in life are more important than ever to focus on and have fun with. Travel is a part of life and is here to stay.