Hey Wild Ones!
Craving a sweet, succulent, satisfying slice of carrot cake, but feeling guilty about “indulging.” Let’s talk.
You’ve probably noticed that I don’t talk about calorie counting or calorie restriction in any of my blogs, books, or programs. That’s because The Taste and Flavour Solution I have created simply does not require these things. This is not a diet, and it’s not about “giving up foods you love.” With me, you can eat as much as you want, and whatever you want, and you will lose weight.
That’s because an abundance of fresh fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, and grains is all you need to achieve the sexy body of your dreams.
And sometimes you want a treat. Something sweet and sassy and divinely delicious. And you know what? You deserve to have that too—as much and as often as you want!
You deserve a sexy body, total satisfaction, and earth-shattering indulgence.
Remember: A sexy body is your birthright. This carrot cake recipe is one of the hundreds I have created to help you get there. So enjoy!
Lusciously Guilt-Free Carrot Cake for Earth-Shattering Satisfaction
The best things in life are moist, succulent, flavor-packed, and oh-so-sweet. This cake is no exception. The dates and spices add a really gorgeous touch. Plus, the food combinations from the carrots and raisins mean it’s as slimming as it is satisfying. Just 30 minutes to prep, my guilt-free carrot cake is an ideal recipe to throw together last-minute for a wildly nourishing celebration. Enjoy!
Simple, Slimming Ingredients
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup raisins (choose an all-natural one)
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (or 100% pure maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup dates, nice and chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (sub for gluten-free if you desire)
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (sub for gluten-free if you desire)
- 1/2 cup bran
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped real good (optional)
- Turn up the heat, and set your oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Add all those sexy carrots, sweet raisins, and slimming agave, dates, and spices to a large saucepan.
- Pour in 1 3/4 cups of water, stir, and get things really hot.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer until carrots and dates are super soft, stirring occasionally. Then remove that beautiful mixture from the heat and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk your remaining ingredients (flours, bran, and baking soda) into submission. Stir in the cooled carrot mixture until evenly combined. If you’re feeling the walnuts, you can add those too.
- Spread that batter into a nonstick 9inx9in (~23cmx23cm) baking pan, and smooth out the top.
- Bake until a fork or wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (around 45 minutes).
- Serve warm (or at room temperature if you can wait that long) and enjoy—guilt-free!
Want loads more sexy recipes and information for healthy weight loss? You’re in luck—my new book, Everything You Want To Know About Being Healthy, Sexy and Vegan, is now available! This is the book I wish I had when I was in your shoes. In it, I share with you practical, proven guidance to embrace the plant-based lifestyle and finally eat for the sexy body, health, and life you deserve. Go get it today!
Now, sexy readers, I want to hear from you! What is your favourite way to indulge? The best way to satisfy nasty cravings? Share your secrets in the comments!
Originally published at wilddonna.com