Steve Maraboli, author of 4 bestselling books, including “The Power of One” – a book comprised of kind gestures, and as Oprah called it, “The book that is changing lives one person at a time, one day at a time.” – O Mag 2010
After hearing Oprah’s testimonial I did a little digging on Steve and found out this major hidden gem:
“He does WHAT?!?! World leaders, Top Athletes, Celebrities, and millions around the world seek the insight and advice of Steve Maraboli, but it’s what he does in his downtime that makes “Free Advice” an instant classic that restores hope in the human condition and re-ignites the fire within.
This unforgettable documentary follows this highly sought-after advisor and life-changing speaker as he anonymously sits on a park bench in any given city or country while holding a sign that offers, “Free Advice”.
Steve’s words have been published in 25 languages and he has been quoted in thousands of books… and you may have just walked past him.” – source www.freeadvicemovie.com
According to his Instagram his film has been selected for 3 major film festivals and won the peoples choice award for best documentary for the Long Island Film Festival.
Inspired by his selfless compassion, here are 20 quotes that reflect the power of kindness.
- “Sometimes it takes only one act of kindness and caring to change a person’s life.” – Jackie Chan
- “Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.” – Harold S. Kushner
- “Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Princess Diana
- “Because that’s what kindness is. It’s not doing something for someone else because they can’t, but because you can.” – Andrew Iskander
- “Remember there’s no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.” – Scott Adams
- “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” – Barbara De Angelis
- “What wisdom can you find that is greater than kindness?” – Jean-Jacques Rousseau
- “You can accomplish by kindness what you cannot by force.” – Pubilius Syrus
- “Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind.” – Eric Hoffer
- “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Kindness begins with the understanding that we all struggle.” – Charles Glassman
- “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” – Amelia Earhart
- “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.” – Bob Kerrey
- “Kindness is like snow- It beautifies everything it covers.” – Kahlil Gibran
- Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” – Lao Tzu
- “Kindness is the sunshine in which virtue grows.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
- “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Mark Twain
- “Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom.” – Theodore Isaac Rubin