As someone who believes in the holistic/ayurvedic approach to medicine and nutrition, I’ve incorporated the chakra system into so for its organizational purposes. Though the chakra system provides a vast and important understanding into the mental, emotional and spiritual self, I would like to bring mention to the discovered physical knowledge as well. I do this because most skeptical people need tangible proof, or practices to test, before being more open to it’s internal benefits. This alternative and or additional nature-based treatment of illness, being a definition of Homeopathy. The chakra system and homeopathy intertwining through it’s deep historical and cultural roots in Asia and Hinduism.
Below are the ailments associated with the ‘depletion’ and or ‘overactive’ states of each chakra, along with some ingredients/supplements and remedies to balance them.
You can assume that the chakra is balanced when it exhibits the opposite unbalanced characteristics that is listed with each of the chakras. At the very end is a additional chart that touches on the mental, emotional, and spiritual associations of each chakra as well. I strongly encourage everyone to do further research into the chakra system, and how you can contextually incorporate it into your life as you feel is beneficial.
The Root Chakra (Muladhara):
- The energy center of primal instinct, and is located at the base of the spine. It connects us to the Earth. This is where we receive all of our vital nutrients, and release our bodily toxins.
- Its red in color, and its energy is survival, grounding and safety-based.
- This chakra is physically unbalanced if you notice problems involving eating disorders (binge-eating or under-eating), the legs and or feet, reproductive system, prostate gland, digestive system, tailbone, knees, sciatica, degenerative arthritis, and more.
- Some homeopathic remedies are silica, arnica, ashwagandha, dandelion root, and stramonium.
The Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana):
- The energy center of motion, both of the body and of mentality/emotions. It’s located an inch above the navel, and is our source of sexuality and creativity.
- Its orange in color, and its energy is friendly, creative and sexually expressive.
- This chakra is physically unbalanced if you notice problems involving sexual dysfunction, energetic lethargy, infertility, chronic lower back pain, irregular blood sugar levels, urinary tract problems, and more.
- Some homeopathic remedies are damiana, coriander, cinnamon, fennel, and vitex.
The Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura):
- The energy center, or the “seat” of the soul. It’s located below the sternum and above the stomach, and is our source of empowerment and positive self-control.
- Its yellow in color, and its energy is positive, cheerful, and outgoing.
- This chakra is physically unbalanced if you notice problems involving ulcers, liver & kidneys, intestinal tumors, stomach, muscular system, and more.
- Some homeopathic remedies are lavender, bergamot, rosemary, chamomile, and ginger.
The Heart Chakra (Anahata):
- The energy center of love and compassion. It’s located in the upper-middle part of the sternum, and is our source or ability to give and receive love freely.
- Its green in color, and its energy is loving, deeply peaceful and forgiving.
- This chakra is physically unbalanced if you notice problems involving blood circulation, breasts, lungs, the heart, thymus gland, cardiac plexus, and more.
- Some homeopathic remedies are hawthorne, cayenne, jasmine, rose, and turmeric.
The Throat Chakra (Visuddha):
- The energy center of communication and self-expression. It’s located at the base of the throat, and is our source clear, genuine and intentful speech.
- Its color is blue, and its energy is uplifting, inspirational and authentic.
- This chakra is physically unbalanced if you notice problems involving the throat, thyroid, neck, arms, teeth, mouth, hands, and more.
- Some homeopathic remedies are lemon balm, eucalyptus, red clover, peppermint, and skullcap.
The Third Eye Chakra (Ajna):
- The energy center of intuition and inner, spiritual development. It’s located in between the eyebrows, and is our source of insight, self-exploration and wisdom.
- Its color is indigo, and its energy is spiritual, deep and contemplative.
- This chakra is physically unbalanced if you notice problems involving the ears, eyes, pineal gland, headaches/migraines, brain, nervous system, pituitary gland, insomnia/nightmares, and more.
- Some homeopathic remedies are eyebright, juniper, mugwort, poppy seed, and lavender.
The Crown Chakra (Sahasrara):
- The energy center of enlightenment, transcendence and cleansing. It’s located on the crown of the head, and is our source of universal understanding, liberty/freedom, and higher consciousness/connectivity.
- Its color is violet, and its energy is expanding, limitless, and pure.
- This chakra is physically unbalanced if you notice problems involving the depression, nervous system, headaches/migraines, amnesia, A.D.D., dyslexia, cognitive delusions/mental illness, and more.
- Some homeopathic remedies are frankincense, lotus, sage, gotu kola, and tulsi.