Our lives can get overwhelming, daunting, and hard. We can easily get discouraged, frustrated, and burned out by circumstances or relationships that are beyond our control. In those seasons where we are feeling hopeless and helpless, the best thing we can do is turn away from the challenges and turn toward Christ. When we remember that God is in control and our lives are not our own, we remember we have a Savior who gives us strength when we are weak and who comforts us in all our times of need.
We love and serve a good, gracious Father, and we are undeserving of the love, grace, and mercy he so freely lavishes on us. What else could we do but give him endless thanks and praise in return?
We hope and pray that the following verses, prayers, videos, and resources help you find countless ways to say “thank you” to the Lord of all heaven and earth, the God who knows and cherishes our hearts. He has given us so much to be grateful for in every season– life, salvation, loved ones, tiny blessings in our busy days, kind words from strangers, sunshine… the list goes on.
1. Thank the Lord that he has created you and given you life and breath.
2. Give thanks to God that he has given you many years of life in which you have been able to enjoy so many good gifts from him.
3. Say, “Thank you God,” for your healthy body. If you struggle with health issues, thank God that he is working those health issues for your good.
4. Thank God that he has forgiven all your sins and pardoned all your iniquity.
5. Give thanks to the Lord that he chose you to be saved even when you were his enemy.
6. Praise the Lord that when you were dead in your transgressions, he made you alive together with Christ.
7. Rejoice that the Lord has transferred you out of the kingdom of Satan and into the kingdom of his glorious Son.
8. Say, “Thank you God,” for sending his son to lay down his life for you and die in your place.
9. Thank the Lord that even though you were once his enemy, now you are his child.
10. Praise the Lord for giving you the power to overcome the sins that once enslaved you and made you miserable.
11. Rejoice that you have the Holy Spirit living in you
12. Say, “Thank you God,” because he has united you to Jesus Christ and all of Christ’s blessings are now your blessings.
13. Give thanks that you have eternal life and will dwell forever in the presence of the Lord forever.
14. Praise God that he is constantly making you more and more like Jesus Christ.
15. Thank the Lord that he will NEVER stop doing good to you.
16. Say, “Thank you God,” because he will be faithful to hold you fast until the day that he returns.
17. Rejoice that God has promised to be your Shepherd and will lead you to still waters and green pastures.
18. Praise God that God loves you more than you can possibly imagine.
19. Give thanks to the Lord that he is a faithful God who always keeps his promises to you.
20. Say, “Thank you God” because he will always meets every need that you have.
21. Thank the Lord that he will never leave you or forsake you.
22. Praise God that he is using every circumstance for your good and his glory.
23. Give thanks to God for all the times he has met you in the midst of challenging and difficult circumstances.
24. Rejoice that the Lord has promised to guide you and lead in paths of righteousness.
25. Say, “Thank you God,” for your many friends and family members.
26. Praise God that you can worship him freely without fear of persecution.
27. Rejoice that God has given you his word to guide, comfort, encourage, and strengthen you.
28. Give thanks to God for all the times he has protected you from harm.
29. Thank the Lord for your home, food, and the many physical blessings he has given you.
30. Say, “Thank you God,” for all the times he has come through for you when it seemed like everything was lost.
31. Thank the Lord that his love for you is not fickle but is constant and steadfast.
32. Rejoice that neither height nor depth nor anything else can separate you from the love of God in Christ Jesus.
33. Praise God that you can call him, “Abba, Father.”
34. Give thanks to God for answering so many of your prayers.
35. Rejoice that God has said, “No,” to many of your prayer requests because he had something better in store for you.
36. Say, “Thank you God,” that you have almost unlimited access to the Bible and can learn glorious things about God.
37. Thank the Lord for the person who first told you about Jesus and salvation.
38. Rejoice that God has given you the ability to see and savor his beautiful creation.
39. Praise God that he is making all things new
40. Say, “Thank you God,” because he will someday wipe away all tears and sadness.
41. Give thanks that someday you will see the Lord face-to-face.
42. Thank the Lord that he is making a new heaven and a new earth where there will be no more sin, sickness, or sadness.