For all my Super Moms during this quarantine period who have been home schooling their kids and cooking 3 meals a day – all while working from home and bouncing from one zoom video conference to the next…YALL ARE THE REAL MVP!
And if you feel like you’re about to lose your mind wearing so many hats…hold on bad mamma jammas…ya Lovestyle girl gotcha!
I’ve found the keys to be PLANNING & CONSISTENCY! Here’s a daily A/B home school schedule template that’s helped me be incredibly productive, while maintaining my sanity! Feel free to modify to incorporate what’s most relevant and works best for you and your kids.
Additional support tools, ideas and tips for a schedule template that may be helpful include:
- Picture/written schedules
- Now/Next or First/Then schedules
- Check boxes
- Lists to cross off completed activities
- Alternating adult directed activities with preferred activities
- Review schedule often
- Review expectations frequently
- Consider a reinforced system*Points/tokens for prizes on amazon, special treats, extra screen time
- Categorize activities by: half day, daily or in the moment
GREAT KID APPS I LOVE!!!
- Hit The Button (SUPER FUN & EFFECTIVE MATH GAME for learning addition, subtraction, multiplication and division; $2.99 but so well worth it) shared by an elite academic enrichment program for kids K-12 www.530scholars.com . 5:30 Scholars also does free math webinars using this app on their Facebook Page – 530 Scholars every week day at 5:30pm CST.
- Starfall (educational/FREE)
- Box Island (computer science game that teaches coding/FREE)
- Marble Math (Great app/$3.99)
ADDITIONAL FUN ACTIVITIES W/THE KIDDOS
I also recommend these really fun activities to do with the kids:
- Connect 4
- Baking cookies & muffins
- Making Meals (cooking is math & science so its a perfect combo)
- Read books daily (yes we do this daily in my house anyway, even if its 10m in the morning & 10m at night. And sometimes it’s even reading recipes, which is great for teaching them about measurements)
- Movie Nights
- Bike Rides
- Scavenger Hunts
- Sports (Basketball/Soccer/Kickball/etc) in the backyard or driveway
- Science projects
- Family Hike
Be creative and stay inspired, knowing this is a time that is driving us to come together and be better than ever! WE GOT THIS MOMMAS!