New York, NY March 1st 2019, the Global Connection for Women foundation rang in another year of an amazing charity event held in trendy downtown Manhattan, NY at the Harvard Club. Folks that were in attendance described the night as an enchanted evening complete with stories about the journey of women pursuing their dreams full steam ahead.
The Founder & CEO of Global Connection for Women foundation Lilian Ajayi-Ore described the inception of her entrepreneurial journey. Stating, “As a young African girl, growing up in Africa, in an environment where injustice, inequality, oppression were predominant in an autocratic place. Many of whom were impacted by this long-suffering were women and children. I knew at that young age of 10 years old that I knew very little about how to drive any sort of change in that environment. Now fast forward 20 plus years later. Though some advances have been recognized for advancing the rights of women and girls globally — more actions are still required. My purpose and mission in creating the Global Connection for Women Foundation @GC4Women is to connect, educate, and create new pathways for women and girls to succeed globally.”
“The Entrepreneurship Ball, marked a very special moment in time, as we gathered to celebrate and recognize the accomplishments of female entrepreneurs.” #GC4W
GC4W Entrepreneurship Ball worthy gathering celebrated and recognized the outstanding accomplishments of prominent women leaders in business, journalism, fashion, music & literature. Money raised for this gala benefits the GC4W Entrepreneurship Scholarship Fund, which ensures that female entrepreneurs get the financial support and encouragement they need to bring their business ideas to scale and improve their economic status for their families and communities.
GC4W showcased women shattering glass ceilings through entrepreneurship.
The star-studded event welcomed big-name guest including Rebecca Minkoff, and television entertainment segment Anchor Ojinka Obiekwe and the beautiful Jenna Blaha, Fashion and Tech Editor, ELLE Magazine.
“I’m inspired by the global connection for women foundation, an organization dedicated to helping women entrepreneurs in New York City and around the world. When women are given this type of support, it benefits all of us”Bonita Thompson, Business Leader of the Year Honoree.
A prominent list of GC4W Award honorees and guests and included:
- Celebrity Designer / Business Innovator/ Founder of Rebecca Minkoff;
- Bonita Thompson, New York Times Bestselling Author / Executive Coach / Dr. Marshall Goldsmith’s Top 100 Coaches
- Alison Wyatt, Angel Investor & Co-Founder, GirlBoss;
- Towanna Burrous, President & Founder, CoachDiversityInstitute;
- Sutian Dong, Partner, Female Founders Fund;
- Kathleen Griffith, Founder & CEO, Grayce & Co.;
- Sarah LaFleur, Founder & CEO, MM.LaFleur;
- Janett Liriano, Chief Executive Officer, Loomia/ Forbes 30 Under 30
- Lana Pozhidaeva, Founder, Wetalks;
- Heather Hartnett, CEO & Founding Partner, Human Ventures;
- Maggie Arvedlund, Managing Partner, Turning Rock Partners; Including Startup of the Year: Venture University. Other noted guests include
- Eric Schurenberg, President and Editor in Chief, Inc. Magazine,
- Jenna Blaha, Fashion and Tech Editor, ELLE Magazine
- Princess Mathilda Mélusine Ruspoli.
The evening concluded with an electrifying performance from recording artist and UN Youth Ambassador, Tennille Amor, who debuted her new single EQUALS. Amor was featured by Sean “Diddy” Combs as one of Billboard and DeLeon’s Top 100 artist to watch.
To learn more about how you can be a part of this organization and support Global Connections for Women foundation mission. Help GC4W meet their funding goals. GC4W Committee asks for your financial support in helping them reach their goal by making a small donation today. With your financial support, they can further GC4W commitment in supporting other entrepreneurs in their endeavors.
The proceeds will benefit the GC4W Entrepreneurship Scholarship Fund, which ensures that female entrepreneurs get the financial support and encouragement they need to bring their business ideas to the global marketplace.