Sometimes, everything is falling apart. Maybe, you just had a terrible day, your heart was breaking, or you can’t shut off your own negative thoughts. I get it. You just had “one of those days” which feels unbearable. You see, I won’t say that everything will be better soon.
I won’t say that you’ll find the silver lining and you’ll have a better day tomorrow because I don’t know if it will. But, what I can do is to give you some sentences as reminders for you to be gentle with yourself. These are some positive self-talk that you can always read whenever you’re just having one of those bad days.
1.I want you to remember that everybody has their own bad day.
2. Thank you for making it this far.
3. You’ve survived countless battles in your life and you will pass this raging storm as well.
4. At the end of the day, everything will be fine.
5. Sometimes, it’s okay to let everything happens the way it is.
6. If you feel like this world disappoints you, take a little time to rest.
7. You don’t have to pretend that you’re fine all the time.
8. Nobody is completely sure about what they’re doing every day.
9. You don’t have to always know what’s going on with yourself.
10. Sometimes, it’s better to not knowing all the answers to your questions.
11. It’s okay not to feel okay.
12. If you feel like you’re lost, you’re totally normal.
13. You are exactly where you need to be.
14. Having doubts is part of the journey to find yourself.
15. You don’t have to figure out everything right now.
16. Even Mother Theresa, Nelson Mandela, or Steve Jobs had bad days sometimes.
17. It’s okay to stop for a while and take a break.
18. Putting your own happiness above everything else is not a selfish thing to do.
19. Your well-being is the most important thing in the world.
20. It’s okay to seek help.
21. Because you don’t have to handle everything by yourself.
22. And if you want to cry, cry as long as you want.
23. Maybe, everything will be better or maybe not, but please keep the faith that you’ll be fine.
24. Even if all you did today were just getting up and able to go out of your house, you’re still doing better than a lot of people.
25. You’re not a bad person just because you say, “I need to take care of myself first.”
26. And it’s okay to say no to the things you don’t want to do.
27. Crying for no reason is still a perfectly acceptable reason to cry.
28. Sometimes, all you need to do is hug yourself and say, “You’re doing so great and I’m so proud of you.”
29. You deserve to be loved as hard as you love other people.
30. Always be easy with your own growth.
31. And stop beating yourself up because you already did all your best to survive.
32. You’re not in a race, so please have patience and embrace the process.
33. Because at the end of the day, everybody has their own ‘timeline’.
34. And you don’t have to always follow what everyone else’s doing.
35. When life is against you, just do whatever that makes you feel okay.
36. Hold on, help is on the way.
37. It’s okay to be a work in progress.
38. You have a right to break down; even the strongest trees have fallen leaves and the wildest waves will crash into the cliffs.
39. You are allowed to feel sad, so please stop apologizing for your own feelings.
40. I know how difficult it is to shut your own thoughts, you’re not alone.
41. You shouldn’t fix every problem by yourself and sometimes, you need to let it fix by itself.
42. Finding your own strength is one of the strongest things you can possibly do.
43. “Grieve. So that you can be free to feel something else.”
44. It is totally okay and valid to be sad for no reason.
45. Because your feelings are valid but don’t be too drown in it.
46. This too shall pass.
47. Sometimes even just being able to get up from your bed is a strength.
48. But sometimes you can’t even find the strength for it— and that doesn’t make you a failure.
49. So, take as much time as you need to feel better.
50. Thank you for holding on.
I admire your strength. Keep going.