You might think that eating organic food is just a fad and will probably fade away with time. In addition, that choosing organic food is not an option for you as it is more expensive and may not be as easily available. However, before you completely give up the idea of going organic, let us take a quick look at the amazing benefits organic food holds for you in the discussion below:
1. GMO foods are everywhere. GMO (genetically modified organisms) have been linked to infertility, allergies, intestinal damage, cancer, Alzheimer’s, and other diseases. The reality is we are still relatively clueless as to what these GMOs do to our bodies, and we may not truly know until it is too late. Unfortunately, avoiding GMO food is next to impossible until you start consuming organic food.
2. Pesticide free organic food. Studies have indicated that GMO fruits and vegetables are treated with pesticides that in return produce pesticides within them, hence the genetically modified foods we eat, have pesticides, both in them and on them, which may cause further complications and threats to your body.
3. Organic food contains more nutrients. Organic foods are better for your health overall. Research indicates that organic fruits and vegetables are high in antioxidants, vitamin C, calcium, iron, chromium, and magnesium.
4. Organic food is good for you and the environment. The pesticides used in non-organic production run off with water and pollute our water too. This is bad for water life and bad for us who drink the water or use it on our crops.
5. Organic tastes so good. Since it is not genetically modified, or covered up with pesticides, organic produce has a richer and better overall taste and is much more gratifying.
Organic is the way that food was meant to be produced; food that we put into our bodies should not be full of pesticides or hormones and antibiotics, and they should not be genetically modified.
The reality is that we know for a fact that non-organic items are potentially more harmful to our health and us and have many more side effects than we already know. Eating organic food helps the environment and it can help reduce your risk of cancer and other health effects.
One of the best things that you can do is to stop being so fussy about how your food looks, every day supermarkets have to throw out perfectly good fruit and vegetables that have been ignored for not looking perfect. Because of this, supermarkets are under pressure to create perfect looking food – which leads to GMO. So start eating ugly fruit and vegetables – they will taste better and will positively affect your health.