Yoga has become a go-to workout for fitness fanatics: it is not just a form of exercise, it is a lifestyle. There are a few essential products, which are mentioned below for beginners that might help you to feel the most comfortable and confident in your first day of yoga.
Yoga is a way to unroll, which helps one to advance towards a better living. It is not a religion, yet a simple philosophy that is based on the idea of connecting the mind and body. If you want to have a better understanding of the yoga asanas and the types of equipment, you should look for Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, where you will experience a deeper meaning of yoga. The new yoga learners are full of endless questions such as, what all things to bring in the first class of yoga or how to get prepared for the first day. It is normal to have these questions in mind. One must need to buy some essential things before you swoop down into the world of yoga. This article will act as a checklist for you to check on every item mentioned below.
10 Essential Equipments
- Clothes that smile – The first and foremost item that you need to buy is the perfect pair of clothing. You must always go for clothes that are comfortable and which allows you to move easily. Buy clothes which are breezy and light, which can absorb all your heat and sweat. Clothing essentials should include- Tank tops, Sports Bra, Yoga pants or Shorts (whichever you are comfortable in), leggings, and a pair of sweat-free yoga socks. As you devote yourself towards the practice, you might also want to add trendy prints and style into your clothing.
- A comfy yoga mat – It is the second most important thing and a must-have item. It helps you set out your personal space, and it also forms a solid grip for your hand and feet, so that you don’t slip. While buying a mat, you should always look for its length, its thickness, material, comfort, and durability. Many yoga studios provide mats, but you can’t be sure whether they clean it on a daily basis or not because a lot of people use them. So, it will help that you carry your own mat with you.
- Yoga Blocks – As a beginner, you should always use a yoga block as they are easily compressible yet firm, which are used to make you comfortable and improve your alignment. They come in different sizes and material, but the good part is that any block would go unless it is slightly broader. To know more about yoga and also as how to use a block to correct your alignment, and many more, there is no better place for you to learn other than the Yoga teacher training in Bangalore.
- Water bottle – “Water your roots, so your soul can blossom” is a perfect saying. You must always carry a water bottle with you so as to stay hydrated between your yoga asanas. Yoga poses require positions and breathing exercises, which can cause sweat to the body, and without proper hydration, you might feel unsteady or, it may develop other health issues. Avoid using the plastic water bottle, as it is not good for our environment, and also it may harm our body in different ways.
- Yoga Towel – It is a perfect addition to your yoga collection. The towel helps you in keeping your face and body sweat-free so that you don’t get distracted. Yoga towel comes in different sizes and material. Either you can buy a hand towel or a normal sized towel, which can cover up your whole mat and protect it from getting dirty often.
- Yoga straps – Yoga strap provides safe and secure support to those deeper asanas. It is perfect for a beginner as it will make harder yoga poses easier. It will serve as a medium between your hand and feet.
- Resistance band – A resistance band is for sure a beginner’s best friends. These inexpensive exercise tools are a suitable option for people of any age and fitness level. They aren’t as easy as they might look. It adds variety to your workout and exercises your whole body. A resistance band has various benefits to it and is surprisingly effective.
- A tote bag – If you work out at home, then it is not a necessary item for you but if, you go to yoga studios for the yoga sessions, then it is a must-have item. You can carry all your essentials in a bag with you to the studio. You should also keep in mind the size of the bag so that all your stuff can fit in.
- Bolster – A bolster can be used to intensify your practice, as it helps in certain poses, breaks the limitations, and relaxes your various body muscles. There are two basic shapes of bolter that are needed, which are round and flat. Flat bolster helps in relaxing your muscles and round bolster can be useful when you want a deeper stretch and more support.
- Yoga wheels – It is a trendy prop, which is used in relieving any back pain, and it can help promote flexibility. It can also be used in more advanced practices, as a way to challenge strength and stability or to offer support during challenging poses.
- Yoga teacher training in India, Yoga school in India, Yoga teacher training in India.