Are finals stressing you out? Is the looming pressure of exams and papers making it difficult to stay focused and motivated? That’s why we’d love your help in sharing something we think your friends and classmates will find helpful in this stressful time: “Meditative Story,” an immersive mindful listening experience we’ve created with WaitWhat, the team behind “TED Radio Hour” and “Masters of Scale.” As a Thrive Global Campus Editor-at-Large, we’re encouraging you to spread the word on your campus and on your social handles — and we’ll send you a Thrive tote as a way to say thank you.
Here’s how to participate:
- Be a confirmed member of the Thrive Global Editor-at-Large program.
- Print out 3 of the8 x 11 posters provided in the Thrive Global Editor-at-Large outreach email and put them up in 3 different places around campus where students gather, like dorms, libraries, and campus centers.
- Share the attached image and audio preview in at least one post on your social media and/or your school-wide Facebook groups, including the @thrive handle, instructions on how to access the episode, and hashtag #meditativestory.
- Send a photo of your on-campus poster placement and mailing address to [email protected], and tag @thrive and #meditativestory in at least one social post (@thrive on Instagram and Twitter, @thriveglbl on Facebook) by Monday, 11/25/2019 to receive your Thrive tote.
Official Promotion Rules
Sponsor: Thrive Global (“Thrive”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS PROMOTION. A purchase will not improve chances of receiving a Thrive tote.
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY. By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. PROMOTION begins 11/20/19 at 5:30 p.m. EST and ends 11/25/19 at 11 p.m. EST, when all materials must be received (“Promotion Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. This PROMOTION is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry, except current officers, directors, members, and employees of Thrive, the sponsor organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals.
This Promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited. Promotionants must own or the rights to or have the legal right to submit any images in the Promotion.
4. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. Tote eligibility will be conducted on a first come, first serve basis by Thrive Global on 11/26/19 by selecting Editors-at-Large who delivered on the promotion ask by e-mailing a photo of at least one poster they’ve placed on their campus and tagging both #meditativestory and @thrive [Instagram and Twitter] or @thriveglbl [Facebook]) in at least one social media post. Any potential Editor-at-Large who meets this criteria will be notified by email. If an Editor-at-Large: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date Thrive first tries to notify him/her;; (iii) refuses the tite; and/or (iv) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential Editor-at-Large forfeits all rights to receive the tote.
5. TOTE DESCRIPTION. The item is a Thrive Global branded tote bag, to be sent out to eligible Editors-at-Large on a first come, first serve basis.
7. NO AFFILIATION WITH INSTAGRAM. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion should be directed to Thrive. OTHER PRODUCTS DEPICTED, IF ANY, OF OTHER COMPANIES DOES NOT CONSTITUTE SPONSORSHIP OR ASSOCIATION WITH THIS PROMOTION IN ANY WAY BY SUCH COMPANY.
8. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the Editor-at-Large’s sole responsibility.
9. ODDS OF RECEIVING A TOTE. The odds of receiving a tote as part of this Promotion depend on the number of eligible entries received.
10. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. No substitutions for prize except by Thrive Global, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
11. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Promotion, each entrant releases and discharges Thrive Global and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Promotion, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) entry into the Promotion constitutes the consent of the entrant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, likeness, biographical data, and contact information for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of any tote.
12. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Sponsor not responsible for emails or social media posts that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event this Promotion is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (iii) or (iv), Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS PROMOTION OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vii) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
13. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of New York and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of New York. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
14. SPONSORSHIP. This Promotion is sponsored by Thrive Global (“Sponsor”).