Life can be tough.
Reality bites and you have neither the appetite, nor wherewithal to bite back.
Life though is precious. It can also be profoundly moving and achingly beautiful.
Don’t you think you owe it to yourself and those you love to find that beauty within and without & be your Best Self each and every day, in all areas of your life.
The French have a saying, ‘J’ai adapté un peau’ — I take this to mean I fit my skin, or put another way, I accept myself.
Why don’t you try it along with these 7 other ways you can be your Best Self starting today:
- keep on trying till you reach your highest ground
- create within everyone you meet an eager want that only you can fulfill
- practice really listening to what is being said and then listen for the song beneath the words
- find within yourself invincible summer, even in the midst of winter
- become a Black Swan, not a tethered goat
- have the courage to make things less complex, &
- dance every day in the Key of Life
Oh, and I forget to add to the list Be Grateful — feelings of Gratitude precede Happiness and will make you the Sun at the centre of your Universe!
Paul Mudd is the author of ‘Uncovering Mindfulness: In Search Of A Life More Meaningful’ available on Amazon and www.bookboon.com; the ‘Coffee & A Cup of Mindfulness’ and the ‘Mindful Hacks For Mindful Living & Mindful Working’ series. He is also a Contributing Author to The Huffington Post and a Contributing Writer to Thrive Global. Through The Mudd Partnership he works with business leaders, organisations and individuals in support of change, leadership excellence, business growth, organistional and individual wellbeing and well doing, and introducing Mindfulness. He can be contacted at [email protected] and you can follow the continuing journey uncovering Mindfulness on Twitter @TheMindfulBook and at @Paul_Mudd
Originally published at medium.com