What is web design and why should you care?
In this day and age, the Internet is becoming more and more accessible to everyone. People are increasingly spending their time online whether it be professional or personal use. With this comes an increasing demand for website design services for novice developers looking to build their portfolios, as well as established businesses needing a brand-new site to advertise their product or service.
web design and web development have become somewhat synonymous as many web developers are well versed in both. Although a commonly accepted definition of the difference between design and development is hard to come by, it seems the consensus is that “web design” is the process of creating website mockup, i.e., how a site will look to end users while “web development” is the process of taking a design and converting it to code that can be displayed in a web browser.
Although this explanation sounds simple enough, there are many factors that go into creating a successful website. In addition to basic aesthetics, users also need to be able to navigate your site efficiently so they can find what they’re looking for.
Web Design Packages – what’s the difference between them?
- HTML – Hypertext Markup Language. This provides the structure of a page and can primarily be used to display text, links, videos, etc. It also contains meta information such as title tags and meta descriptions which are used in search engine optimization (S.E.O).
- CSS – Cascading Style Sheets give web pages their look and feel. They allow website owners to easily change the appearance of nearly every element (text, links, images, menus etc.) on each page without changing the underlying code.
- PHP – Hypertext Preprocessor adds support for HTML but also includes its own functions and conditional branching statements such as if/else and switch/case.
- SQL – Structured Query Language is used to store data on a database server. Although some web hosts offer free databases, they are often very limited in size and scope compared to dedicated hosting providers that allow for full control and customization of your site’s database.
What does it take to be a good web designer/developer?
Similar to any other profession, both web design and development require a lot of skill and knowledge. While some people are blessed with natural ability others must work hard at honing their craft before they can call themselves truly successful in the field.
How to choose a web design package that fits your needs?
Although there are many webs design packages out there it can be hard finding one that fits your specific needs. Here are some things to consider when choosing a web design package:
- Do you want your site hosted for free?
- How much content do you have?
- What pages will you need included with this package?
- How do you want your site to look?
- What type of functionality is desired?
- Do you need any other services such as domain registration or email hosting?
- How many revisions are included with the package?
The benefits of choosing a web design package from MacMillan Design Group
When choosing a web design package from MacMillan Design Group you are getting more than just a pretty face. Our team of talented designers and developers pride themselves on providing our clients with quality work that meets their needs and exceeds expectations. Here are some additional benefits to choosing us for your web design package:
- We offer free hosting
- We offer unlimited revisions
- We have over 10 years of experience
- Our design team is top notch and can make your site look professional, unique and on-brand
- Quality web development services at affordable prices
- We work closely with our clients to ensure they are satisfied with the finished product
- We use industry standard tools like Adobe Creative Cloud, Dreamweaver and Photoshop
- We offer attractive pricing for web design packages