Amazon and eBay are taking over the retail industry and changing buying and selling as we know it via their websites. These businesses clearly understood the power of the internet early and quickly moved to tap into its potentials to grow their businesses and take over their industry. And they seem to be constantly improving the way they do this.
The internet has grown to change and improve not only the way we live our daily lives but to how we run our businesses. Consumers now use the internet as the final tool for searching for the goods or services that they need, and businesses are beginning to understand this trend and pushing their operation to full-scale online operations via websites and mobile applications
According to this information on global internet usage, 51% of the world’s population are on the internet; this is about 3.8 billion people, and it is obvious that more internet users will be emerging as mobile technologies become cheaper and reach more parts of the world. With this trend, businesses who are not considering moving to the internet will certainly have to have a rethink of operation strategy because not having your business on the internet is not doing business at all.
Here are 5 reasons you shouldn’t rethink creating a website for your business.
5 Importance of owning a website
- Visibility: The internet makes businesses stay open 24 hours; this is because unlike physical stores, the internet doesn’t closes (at least not yet). This means businesses can receive and respond to customers at any time.
- Trust: When customers can locate you on the web, it builds trust and credibility. This is because they have a place to find you.
- Reach: the internet knows no boundaries, unlike physical offices and shops. A robust online presence will extend words of your business to millions of people.
- Competitiveness: Business owners are starting to understand the power of the internet and are aggressively harnessing it, not doing same is detrimental to your business.
- Cost effective marketing: With the internet, it is cheaper and easier to get words of your business to thousands and millions of prospective clients.
A business not on the internet is a business not functional and soon will disappear. While setting up your online presence, C.R Venkatesh, CEO of Dot Com Infoway, believes these are the major mistakes that should be avoided for a successful online branding.
You’ll observe that the top gamers in business are those that are doing their business on the internet, a very good example is Amazon, which if it were a normal physical store will still be unknown to even people living in nearby towns. Business CEOs are already seeing the importance of an online presence to their business. Brian Taylor, Vice President at Forix Commerce believes that owning a website is the first thing a business should consider if it really want to survive the competition.