I’m a proud and courageous mother of two lovely girls. A mother who believes in her capacity and consistently builds her business supporting others in boosting their confidence, showing their brilliance and becoming extraordinary leaders in life and business. All that with ups and downs but with passion and drive.
But let’s get back in time to 2014 when I had a regular, well paid corporate job, but yet I felt unfulfilled. I was bored, not challenged and I didn’t perform as high as I used to because I didn’t have a drive.
There was something missing and I knew there was something bigger meant for me out there.
I wanted to help people build their life and career on their strengths, fulfill their potential and inspire them. That was always my jam confirmed by friends and family but never professionally used and really monetized.
And on top of that lack of confidence held me back for a long time from starting my own business.
I was coming up every day with new excuses like:
‘I am too old’
‘I have two kids so no time”
‘I love my financial security and entrepreneurship is so unknown journey’
‘I am not good enough’
‘I am a simple Polish girl, not a native English speaker’… ohhh and the list went on and on.
I was so tired of that! My fears were responding very well to that arguments and I kept postponing my dream to come true.
Until I decided I go for it!
I took a risk and started my own business where I supported people in their personal & professional growth. And yes, starting a business takes lots of courage. Someone said that “Starting your own business is the best personal development seminar in the world” and I totally agree! There are so many risks and challenges involved that many people are afraid to think about it, let alone start their business. But it can also be one of the most rewarding activities you ever accomplish!
I love it with all its ups and downs. I cherish the freedom it gives, the fulfillment it provides and the impact that can be made for people you are meant to serve.
So, my dear, walking away from a steady paycheck, when you have so many other obligations (e.g. family, mortgage, car lease, steady bills, insurances, schools, etc.) can be very challenging. I know all about it transitioning myself from two steady salaries to one only, entering the unknown financial future. I know it very well.
But there are several things that you can do to help gradually ensure your success in business.
I was there, tested that myself and I know it works. So, please let me guide you through those basic components which are very practical and possible to quickly implement in your business.
* A right mindset – Is crucial and will help you to own success of your business. In the beginning, everything looks so overwhelming but believe me, if you take a small action every single day you will start building a habit of success. Starting can be one of the hardest phases of your own business so keep thinking BIG.
* Taking consistent action – BE COURAGEOUS – Ohh Lord! This is one of the most important steps for the success of your business (it doesn’t matter small or big). Taking an action can enclose all aspects of your business and it should be implemented all the time.
So many people get caught up in the details, being focused on perfectionism, and eventually stuck in analysis-paralysis. But it only causes frustration, unfulfillment and in the end lack of progress! So, my task for you is, as Theodore Roosevelt said: “Do What You Can, With What You Have, Where You Are” And NOW is the time!
* Like-minded people – I surrounded myself with entrepreneurial people, who got me, understood my challenges and lifted me up when it was necessary. It’s crucial to share knowledge, strategies and keep up good spirit! You are an average of 5 people you surrender yourself most of the time with, so my advice is: choose wisely. I did, so that’s why I keep on going for 3 years now. And it’s only the beginning.
* Goals – Statistics say that people that have tangible goals are more successful than those who don’t set it at all and try to “go with a flow”, trusting their intuition, hoping it will magically work somehow. No, it will not work. I’m telling you right away. Your dreams become reality once they are written down into actionable goals, and you consciously repeat those actionable goals.
* Keep learning – I’m a life-long learner and I love it. That keeps me alive. I’m totally committed to the personal & professional development and I know that if you don’t know something, just go and learn it, there are plenty of resources out there.
If something didn’t work I never look at that as a failure but a lesson to learn from. Failure = a great lesson in business. Analyze it and tweak it on the way until succeeding. No matter what happens, you can always either begin again or start the next day with more information. But first, you need to give yourself space. It always has to start with looking inward. Get rid of external noise & distractions and pay attention to what really satisfies you and what you ignored for all that period which didn’t serve you at all. Then you can authentically lead from within and connect with your spirit.
I have been doing that since I started my business. Never a dull moment! Awesome, right?
It’s never too late to start or shift in your business. It’s a never-ending journey.
You can do it too. Decide & go for it!
I would love to end with one of my favorite quotes by Zig Ziglar: “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great!” So, please stop analysis-paralysis and go serve the world with what you have right now.
#courage #failures #buildingbusiness #goforyourdreams