WHO IS DATA SCIENTIST AND DATA ANALYST?
A data scientist is a professional with the ability to collect massive amounts of data to examine and synthesize the data into actionable plans for organizations. Data analysts accumulate process and perform statistical analyses of data. Their skills may not be as advanced as data scientists, but their intentions are the same – to explore how data can be used to answer questions and solve difficulties.
WHY DATA SCIENCE AND DATA ANALYTICS SKILLS ARE REQUIRED?
Data science and analytics have come a long way over past few years. That is the reason why they are crucial part in understanding the working of many industries, however complex and intricate. Let’s discuss some of the reason why Data analytics training course will always remain crucial part of economy and why you need these skills.
- Data Analytics helps brands to understand their customers in a much enhanced and empowered manner. With the practice of data science, brands can relate with their customers in a customized manner, hence ensuring better brand power and engagement.
- One of the prime reasons why data science is gaining so much attention is because it enables brands to deliver their story in such an appealing and powerful manner. When brands and companies use this data in a complete manner, they can share their story with their target audience, thereby creating better brand connect.
- Big Data is the new domain that is regularly growing and evolving. With so many tools being developed, almost on a regular basis, big data is helping brands and companies to solve difficult problems in HR, IT, and resource management in an efficient and strategic manner. This means effective use of resources, both material and non-material.
- One of the most crucial aspect of data science and analytics is that its findings and results can be applied to almost any sector like healthcare, travel, and education among others. Understanding the implications of data science can go a long way in helping sectors to analyze their challenges and address them in an effective fashion.
- Data science is accessible in almost all domains. There is a large amount of data available in the world today and utilizing them in a proper manner can spell success and failure for brands and organizations.
WHICH DATA SCIENCE AND DATA ANALYTICS SKILLS YOU NEED
1. Being capable of handling unstructured data
Unstructured data refers to any data that cannot be made to fit into any database tables. As a data scientist, you must be able to work with a lot of unstructured data. Some software that you need to know how to use for this purpose are Microsoft HDI insight, NoSQL, Apache Hadoop, Polybase, Presto etc.
2. Good knowledge of Mathematics and Statistics
A good understanding of statistics is essential for anyone looking to become a data analyst. You must be familiar with all kinds of statistical concepts such as distributions and tests. Also, making predictions requires that you are familiar with the basic operation of calculus and linear algebra.
3. Using data to tell a story
It is always easier for clients to understand data analytics if it is presented in a visual format using graphs, charts etc. Therefore you must have the capability to visualize raw data in a form that the layman can understand.
4. Programming Skills
As a data scientist, you will be working with a lot of software that will require you to enter the code manually. As such, you must have a good knowledge of programming languages such as R and Python, which are normally used in data analytics. You must be able to write, understand and correct any code no matter the circumstances.
5. A Competitive Spirit
As a data scientist, you will have to work on your toes more often than not. Therefore, it is essential for you to have a competitive spirit that will help you thrive.
6. Working on Projects
You must take up some live projects so that you get some hands-on experience in the field. This is important since most companies are looking for data scientists who are experienced in the field. You can join Data analytics course to work on live projects.
You may begin as a Data Analyst, go on to become a Data Scientist with numerous years of experience, and ultimately a data evangelist. Data Science provides lucrative career options. There is enough scope for growth and expansion.