So why can’t you sleep?
There are many theories about what you can do when sleep evades you. Some say imagine a flock of and count them sheep one by one and you will fall asleep. Others suggest drinking luke-warm milk which has a calming effect on the body bringing sleep. Or you can try a shower or take a bath.
Ask anyone and everyone is the expert with one or the other remedy to help you have a great night sleep without trying to find out the exact reason for bad sleep or sleeping issues. But in reality the problems vary from person to person and from age group to age group.
The Different factors that are generally responsible for interfering with sleep are:
- The Bed on which you sleep- Yes, some people may put other factors as the top reason but for me it’s the bed. Each one of us has unique body type and requirements so should be our mattress type.
- Your Health Conditions- Irrespective of the age group if you are suffering from any health condition then, it is bound to interfere with your sleep. Conditions like joint pain due to arthritis, osteoarthritis and lower back pain maintain constant pain in the body which causes sleep disturbances. Obstructive sleep apnea is one condition which often disturbs sleep.
- Medication- It is again related to the health conditions and the medicines you are taking to treat them.
- Excess uses of technology– Today in the gadget world these gadgets keep your mind engaged and you do not sleep at time when you have to. Also, this causes sleep deprivation and problems related to it.
All these factors are controllable except for the bed related problem. As you cannot daily practice sleeping on the bed to be able to get a sound sleep on it. Here you need a right mattress which gives you the perfect comfort for sleeping. And before buying you must take the best mattress reviews from experts or friends who understand you lifestyle and body type.
The criteria you can use to select the best mattress for yourself are:
- Knowing your requirements- You should be aware of your physical needs and should how to like to sleep. As the choice will vary for the person who sleeps on the back, sideways or on his stomach.
- The type of material used- The type of material and the type of mattress is always the most important part of selection. You should know the difference between the plush mattress, memory foam mattress and coil spring mattress etc before you buy any one.
- Meets all the safety measures- High quality mattresses never emit any harmful volatile gases because they cover all the norms but the low quality mattresses can emit the harmful gases which can cause severe from to baby or elderly sleeping on it.
- Testing is very important- When you decide to buy from a store then don’t forget to try and test the mattress for its comfort as per your needs. In case you are ordering it online do read the return policy in case you don’t like it.
Monitoring the habits which keep you awake and a combination of right bed is what can solve most of your sleep related problems.
Previously published at: Goodmenproject.com