We very often have big dreams and want to see something change in our lives, but we rarely consider our own role in this transformation.
The crucial question to ask yourself before you set your mind free to create your wildest dreams is:
Are you prepared to change?
It is not a secret that if you keep doing the same things over and over again, you will only keep getting the same results, so if you want different results in your business (or life) you need to be willing to try different approaches. After all, if what you are currently doing was working perfectly well, you wouldn’t be dreaming of different outcomes.
Here are some helpful questions that will help you establish what you really need in order to turn your dream into a reality.
I’m going to focus on business here, but you can easily apply this approach to your life or a corporate career.
For example if you want to double your turnover start with considering the following:
How will your business transform:
- What will your company with double turnover look like?
- How will your company with double turnover behave?
- What will your company with double turnover stand for?
- How will your company with double turnover operate?
- Who will your customers be and what are their expectations?
What and who do you need to help you achieve it:
- What + who (skills, qualities, expertise, competencies) does your business need to achieve double turnover?
- Based on those needs – what or who do you already have?
- What/who has the biggest potential to be developed to your future business?
- What gaps do you have? Where are they? How can you fill them?
Who do you need to be:
- Who do you need to be to run a business double the size of your current one?
- What skills do you need to develop and to lead your business to double its size with confidence?
- What do you need to stop doing and let go of?
All businesses strive to grow, up their turnover and profits, but consideration of what the business will look like, how the culture will change and how you will operate are often the forgotten detail when planning.
If your business will double in size, it will be a different business to what it is now, you will need to be a different leader to who you are now, and if you don’t consider what your business will need not only to get there, but also to continue to grow from then on you are risking burning yourself and your teams out, trying to achieve big goals without adequate skills and wasting a lot of time on mistakes that can be avoided with the right strategy in place.
And…the most crucial part of this process is that YOU will play the key role in it, and need to be very aware of who you need to be to achieve it.