Everyone we are possibly familiar with wallpaper, you don’t go with wall murals as a room décor item. Are you looking for a room décor item but can’t decide which is best, either wallpaper or wall murals? In this article, we will discuss the difference between wallpaper and wall murals. Let’s have a look.
WALLPAPER VS. WALL MURALS: MATERIAL USED
Type of materials is one considerable difference between wallpaper and wall murals that is used to manufacture them. Both of them can be made using plenty of materials. The types of materials used to make wall murals are following:
- Vinyl: Two types of vinyl out there that are used to make wall murals. Cast vinyl and calendared vinyl. Cast vinyl contains thin materials providing bright and vibrant colors. On the other hand, slightly thicker calendared vinyl is an appropriate suit for large walls.
- Photo paper: Photo paper includes a light-sensitive coating on its apex, a type of paper. This coating ensures the production of a photographic print, which is typical for interior wall murals.
- Canvas: Canvas is typically made from cotton or polyester blend, a type of fabric. Dissimilar to photo paper or vinyl, it offers a wall mural with a little texture.
- Perforated window film: You may guess which purpose it is used from the name? Yes, perforated window film is applied to produce wall murals that are installed on glass surfaces.
- Polyester or Mylar: These are a type of polyester mostly used for decor outdoor wall murals.
There are few overlaps between the materials of wallpaper and wall murals that are used to make them. Here are some of the materials that are used to make wallpaper:
- Lining paper: This is the “no-frills” wallpaper, which is ordinarily plain and unprinted. Its motive is more to envelop defects in a wall than visual convenience.
- Cellulose: Traditional wallpaper tends to be the manufacture of cellulose, a breathable material that is non-water resistant. The made ink of cellulose may fade when put in sunlight.
- Grasscloth: Grasscloth is used to make wallpapers a type of natural fiber for example, bamboo or hemp. It comes ideally in a 36-inches roll. Like cellulose, it’s not water-resistant and holds a reputation for taking more challenges than others.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is also used to make wallpapers. This wallpaper offers water-resistant capacity, durability, and easy cleaning.
WALLPAPER VS. WALL MURAL: USES AND LOCATIONS
Another noticeable difference between them is where they will use. You may cover with wallpapers all four walls in your room. However, it’s a little possible that you could install wall murals on all four walls in your room. Typically, wall murals are installed on a single wall. It holds an eye-catching look. This is why you may look at wall murals usually in the outdoors for advertising purposes. However, you can get more information on Wallmur.
Ideally, a wallpaper may affix visual interest in the room but it doesn’t become a focal point of a room, how a large wall mural might be.
Ideal places for wallpaper include:
- In a bathroom at home.
- Living room.
- Dining room
- Office or conference hall.
Ideal places for hanging wall murals include:
- In a living room (on one wall)
- In a dining room (on one wall)
- In café or restaurant
- In store room
- In waiting room
- In conference room
- In shopping mall
- And outside of a building.
WALLPAPER VS. WALL MURAL: APPLICATION PROCESS
1. APPLYING WALLPAPER
How much work is needed while installing wallpaper relies on whether it is self-adhesive or not? If it isn’t self-adhesive, you may acquire to smooth it out and expanse it on a flat surface, for example, a work surface. This wallpaper acquires to become entirely flat. After that, using a figure-eight pattern, you can smear the backside of the wallpaper with the adhesive.
2. APPLYING A WALL MURAL
Applying a wall mural needs to the same process of applying a self-adhesive or peel-and-stick wallpaper. Begin with a clean and smooth wall and put the mural face down on a flat along with a clear surface. If the mural is very large, you may use multiple panels to make up the panels maintaining the right order on the clear surface. After that, dispel the backing from the wall mural panels or mural wall and pick the first panel and place it against the wall.
WHAT do YOU need?
Hopefully, you have got this answer above that we have mentioned the “used and location” section. If you couldn’t get this yet, read it once again and decide what your needs actually are. Simply, think about where you want to install it and select either wallpaper or wall murals.
After all, I hope this article will help you to choose the better one (wallpaper or wall mural).