Whether it is in-the-moment, short-term, or long-term, stress is stress, and all of us have experienced it. Completely avoiding stress is absolutely impossible. However, dealing with it is definitely possible. There are many techniques using which you can unwind, relax and regroup your mind. Besides, if you don’t acknowledge stress, it can lead to several mental and physical issues.
For instance, you can suffer from major weight gain or loss, digestive issues, brain fog, depression, etc. Fortunately, there are many mindfulness tips which can help you to overcome your stress. Read on to know, how you can fight or at least handle your stress, and thereby focusing more on productivity, creativity and improving yourself. Andrew Dominik owns Quality Guest Post company and he said in one of his interviews, “Mindfulness is an amazing set of techniques, which made my road to success much easier and faster”.
Before we begin with the tips, it is crucial to understand what exactly mindfulness is. Well, it is a state of calculated, non-judgmental focus of the present moment. Usually, mindfulness techniques are a part of different practices like yoga and meditation. Mindfulness usually includes elements like:
- Awareness: Being alert about everything that is happening in the present moment. This includes being aware of the smell, sight, sound, and all the type of physical sensations, that you might otherwise ignore.
- Focus: Paying attention on only the present moment and situation, and completely forgetting the past events and future expectations.
- Acceptance: Accepting the exact feelings that you are experiencing in the moment, without changing or alternating it in anyway.
- Observation: Recognizing unpleasant thoughts, feelings and sensations as temporary, and observing them objectively without giving any judgement or reaction.
4 Mindfulness tips to reduce stress
1. Take some time out to spend with yourself: Try to engage yourself in some relaxing and fun activities each day. Try meditation if you can, indulge in nature walks, engage in some artistic activity, or simply listen to some soothing music without lyrics (lyrics will trigger memories). Just do any one of these activities for 10 minutes every day for a span of 3 weeks. You will surely notice the difference.
2. Just breathe: Breathing exercises can calm your nervous system, help in releasing physical tension and bring new energy in your body and mind. Try to close your eyes and take 10 long and deep breaths. Count every breath you take. This will help you stay focused on present moment and forget all other thoughts and distractions.
3. Do one thing at a time: Streamline your routine and workflow. Multi-tasking may be appreciated by many, but while doing so, you are simply taking up every task as a chore, and not enjoying it or learning new things from the experience. Mindfulness is all about living and focusing in the present. So, take up one work at a time, complete it, enjoy yourself in doing so, and then move to the next one.
4. Celebrate more often: Take pride in all your achievements and accomplishments. Note down your top three accomplishments of the week, no matter how big or small they were. Write it down on a piece of paper, and stick it some place, where you would see it daily. Upgrade this list every week, but don’t forget the old ones. This works wonders to keep you motivated, and thereby work harder to achieve your goals, without being burnt out.
Stress is a part of life, and thus learning to overcome it is the best way to come out stronger and more powerful. So what are you waiting for, start overcoming your stress today with the above mentioned tips.