How can we keep that feeling of love and romance going and growing throughout the year?
1. Know your values and live them. If you believe in kindness and respect, treat yourself and each other that way. Build up and maintain your emotional bank account with each other
2. Don’t assume — Check things out. No matter how long you’ve been together, we never really know what the other person is thinking… half the time we don’t know what we’re thinking!
3. Create rituals between you. Daily rituals may include a checking in, or a birthday ritual for just the two of you. A special “love you” signal that only you each know when at a party or with others.
4. Be the place of safety. True intimacy exists when each partner feels safe with the other when at their most vulnerable. Be that soft place to fall for your partner. Be in each other’s corner of the world.
5. Touch with tenderness. The largest organ of our body is our skin. When we are touch with tenderness, magic happens. We feel loved and connected. An arm around the waist, a shoulder touch, holding hands, a kiss on the forehead, a gentle rub across the back all say I care for and about you
The tips will help keep your relationship flourishing and juicy. Like anything that is alive, a relationship needs nurturing and attention. Follow these tips and you’ll notice the difference in everyone you interact with.
Let me know how it works for you! ~~ ’til soon. Georgina
Georgina Cannon is the author of The Third Circle Protocol — How to relate to yourself and others in a healthy vibrant evolving way. Always and All-ways