There are many things that impact our minds, bodies, and spirits including our thoughts, environments, eating and sleeping habits, actions, and beliefs.
Everything that exists, has a vibration that vibrates at different frequencies. Experts saythat certain frequencies can repel and/or destroy disease and, further, that “different parts of our bodies have their own sonic signature.” That is, when affected by negative emotions, the heart and lungs, for example, no longer will produce their unique, optimal resonant frequency.
Likewise, certain vibrations can produce illness or dis-ease of our own physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
According to science, smiling has many health benefits:
- It releases neuropeptides that help alleviate stress.
- Neurotransmitters are released into the body that relaxes the body and lowers heart rate and blood pressure.
- Can help relieve pain.
- Releases serotonin which is a natural anti-depressant and improves our moods.
- Makes us more attractive to others.
- Encourages reciprocal smiles from others who see it.
Qigong Master Mantak Chia, understands how vibrations affect our health and bodies and developed two powerful Taoist traditions to improve our mind, body, and spirit: The Inner Smile and The Six Healing Sounds.
The Inner Smile
This mindfulness activity is a powerful way to deliberately elevate and heal particular organ systems of the body and lift our vibrations by improving our Chi (positive life energy). The Inner Smile works on our organs in much the same way it works on our moods when we smile outwardly, however rather than smiling externally, we direct this focused, loving energy at our own body systems.
Each of our organs, Chia teaches, are affected by different positive and negative emotions:
- Heart/Small Intestine: Hate, cruelty, impatience or love, joy, and happiness.
- Liver/Eyes/Gall Bladder: Anger, frustration, envy or kindness and generosity
- Kidney/Ears/Bladder: Fear, or gentleness, calmness, and silence
- Lungs/Skin/Large Intestine: Sadness, depression, or courage and righteousness
- Spleen/Stomach/Pancreas: Worry, anxiety, mistrust or openness and trust.
Taking as little as five minutes to as much time as we need, Chia teaches that practicing the inner smile helps to replace negative emotions within our body’s systems with positive ones.
The Six Healing Sounds
Sounds are vibrations, just like anything else but certain sounds have certain frequencies and healing results. For example, Om (also known as Aum) is known as the sound of the universe but Master Chia teaches that each of our body’s systems have a different resonant sound that affects their state of existence.
Using this, he developed a powerful mindfulness tool called “The Six Healing Sounds” to help us focus positive vibrations of different sounds to these systems that convert negative emotions into healthy, positive ones.
- Heart: “Hawwwwww” is the sound frequency associated with turning emotions in the heart to love and joyfulness.
- Liver: “Shhhhhhh” is the sound associated with transforming emotional energy in the liver into kindness.
- Kidneys: “Woooooooo” is the sound shifts emotional energy in the kidneys to generosity and gentleness.
- Lungs: “Sssssssssssss” transforms fear that is stored in the lungs, into courage.
- Spleen: “Whoooooooo” is the sound that transforms energy in the spleen to openness, fairness, and judgment.
- Triple Warmer: “Heeeeeeee” is the sound that helps balance our upper, middle, and lower energy centers of our whole bodies.
Meditation and mindfulness is nothing new but having unique, specific practices to adopt in your daily life can assist you in strengthening your mind, body, and spirit as well as help you lead a more balanced and fulfilling life. I believe in the power of holistic techniques to optimize your well-being and improve your overall health.
I invite you to contact me today to learn more about the many ways holistic healing can help you achieve the life you want.