I recently interviewed the insightful and lovable Agapi Stassinopoulos, adored sister of Arianna Huffington, on Untangle, the podcast from Meditation Studio. Agapi’s new book, Wake up to the Joy of You, is filled with personal stories about the ups and downs that have enriched her life and infused it with deep meaning. I loved some of her wisdom gems so I am sharing some of my favorites below. You can get the full batch of wisdom here.
1) You don’t need to ask for permission to go live your dreams. She offers lot’s of ways to take control of your personal dreams…without waiting for someone else to hire you or do it for you.
2) There is always access to possibility in life, even in the midst of obstacles and challenges. She provides tools and practices to open you up to new possibilities.
3) Forgive yourself and others, and move on. This will help to keep your heart open no matter what.
4) Be open to your own creativity…without judgement or comparison to others.
5) Don’t forget to fill your own tank with love and self-care. Be ruthless about feeding your own goodness.
6) Don’t run away from your negative feelings. Welcome them, but don’t dwell. Find a safe tribe of people who will listen to your wounds, as well as your joys.
7) At the end of each day, remind yourself of 3 things you’re grateful for. You’ll sleep much better!
Wake Up to the Joy of You, 52 Meditations and Practices for a Calmer and Happier Life, is designed to shift patterns and help readers focus more on what they want to bring into their lives. It guides readers to get ‘unstuck’ as it offers up possibilities of new ways of living life. Tune in each week to the Untangle Podcast, from Meditation Studio to hear other great authors and experts on meditation and mindfulness practices.
Originally published at medium.com