Of course all we know the importance of homework in student life whether inside the classroom or outside, it is good for the students only if it is under limit and student do not start feeling overload of homework. The moment student start feeling boredom due to too much homework, it can cause various health and mental issues to them and bring opposite effects.
Affect of Homework on Student’s Health
Homework has many educational benefits for all age groups such as time management and organization skills and it also provides students the ability to think beyond the classroom but the bad news is that these benefits only occur if students are willing to learn. If they get too much homework, they less like to engage and this end up them facing various health and mental issues.
- Learning Activity Decreased: This is the top most negative effect of giving too much homework to kids. When they have too much homework, they do not like to do it which affects their learning activity and develops wrong attitude towards education. It slightly lowers their overall grade. If he does it, he does not pay proper attention.
- Cause Physical Problems: Now you know that excess homework affects student’s learning ability but simultaneously, it also causes many physical problems to them as our mental and physical health are linked. According to Assignment Help Australia it has been found by a study that too much homework causes high level of stress and disrupted sleep in students along with increased substance abuse, suicidal tendencies and lower immune system.
Excess Homework Can Affect Their Psychological Well-Being
Homework in excess stops students to have their free time in conducting different types of activities such as playing indoor or outdoor games or exercise or their hobbies etc and focused and structured homework decreases creativity into them. They are more likely to deal with stress, decreased energy and hinder imagination.
- Decrease Productivity: This is obvious that if teachers give too much homework, students feel less to do it and overload. They spend their whole day in completing their homework which ends up less time to develop their skills, solve their issues and do their other projects and many more things.
- Affect Social Life: We all know the contribution of extracurricular activities and social time towards overall personality development of students. It helps in refreshing their minds and bodies but when they are assigned excess homework, they find less time to get socialize with other people. It leaves them isolated and makes it harder to balance their school and other tasks.
- Affect Their Test Scores: It has been shown by the studies that a certain amount of work helps the students in scoring their test marks but all these benefits begin to fall off if they are assigned with an excess amount of homework on any given topic or subject. They are not more like to do their homework with proper interest and willingness and it affects their test scores.
Homework Also Affects Their Free Family Time
If students have excess homework, they quite spend their whole day to complete it and lose the opportunity to spend some quality time with their family. This even more happens if the parents in the family are incapable to help and assist the students with their homework. In result, their stress level increases and they start getting irritated.
Now you know all the negative effects of homework if it has been assigned in the excess amount. If you are feeling any type of stress in doing your homework, you can hire online Case Study assignment help. But you have to pay attention on your mental and physical health as increased stress can ruin your life balance. If you are struggling with excess homework, you should talk to your teacher or professor to mange this situation or ask them to motivate you to do homework at the right time. Here, teachers can help you in keeping the homework in limit and make an appropriate schedule for their whole study session.