When you decide to start building your visibility there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
1) It takes time to become visible, or even for your connections to start engaging properly. Consistent action over 3 months should bring results. One to three posts per day to create a splash, give value and if possible do as much live video as you can- it is the most powerful tool for connection.
2) Give more than ask. Since your audience is not yet “trained” to engage, if you ask a question and no one replies, you might get discouraged and give up, when in fact you are simply not in a position to expect conversation. Time and consistency. Consistency and time.
3) Do not wait for anyone to validate your efforts. Keep doing what you doing WITHOUT expectations. This is a long game, people. But the rewards will be sweet at the end. Think of exercising a muscle, will the 6-pack show after a couple of days working out, no matter how hard?
4) Do not dismiss this post, this is just as true as it gets. If you do not believe me, you will just end up disappointed as you have built up false assumptions and expectations.
But with slow improvements, every day, comes huge results over time.
Over time you will see the posts that get engagement so you can make more of them and less of those that do not work.
Do not compare yourself with someone who is not in the same place as you in their journey. It is counter-productive.
5) Get busy connecting to new people, so your audience changes, get more clear on who you serve and look out for their common traits. Their beliefs. Their interests. Join groups that promote those interests and beliefs. Send friend requests and talk to people. If none of your posts get engagement, this means either you have a wrong audience or it is just too small and too passive. And they may not see your posts as two of you have not engaged enough!
Go through your friend list, pick 30 those you would love to work with and go comment on their posts, post something on to their walls, send them a PM. Not all at once. Take three people and do one of that actions to each of them. Engage that algorithm- this is what I teach about in our fearless Client Attraction Mastermind Community – click here to find out more!
As you connect and get busier, the effect is that your posts get more engaged with. It is THAT simple.