Your Marriage. Your Choices. Your Life.
So, you’ve gone through the honeymoon period, you’ve moved in together. You’re getting to know each other. You’re discussing life goals. Children. Career. And everything that comes with two people coming together.
But what happens after that? What happens when couples settle into their marriage?
Here are some tips to help you keep things alive – which is something I urge all my clients to do as part of their life purpose.
What you put into your marriage, is what you’re going to get out of it
And if you’re one of those couples who let things flow, then be prepared for the rivers to become treacherous ahead. Or become like drift wood.
- Don’t leave your entire marriage to chance. Give it a chance. Work on it
- Don’t allow small petty arguments to build up – learn to say sorry even if it wasn’t your fault
- Be positive and remind each other all the good qualities you have – focusing on the good things relights the marriage
- Find the time to go out together – don’t use your work schedule or time away from home as an excuse – that gap in your marriage will only widen
- Phones – if you’re living on Facebook and focus more on what others like about you and not your own spouse, then that right there is a sign that your marriage is in trouble
- Support each other in life choices – and if you have any changes at work, family or anything outside your marriage, keep each other informed – it will affect the other person regardless
- Work as a team and not as individuals – yes you want independence, but that doesn’t mean you remove yourself out of the equation of being married
- Work on bringing your families together – support each other on this and make time for each others’ families. Bringing this into your life brings great benefits
- Don’t assume on anything – talk and talk more to seek clarity on choices and everything in your marriage.
- Help each other out at home – keeping things equal, especially with house chores really helps a marriage – make it a fun experience!
These are some of the tips I provide my clients and it has proven to work – but like I any marriage – if you make the effort, it will show.
Learn more about my coaching by booking a Free 45 Minute Consultation today.
Visit https://www.coachqadir.com/ where this was originally published.