The road to success?
I would like to share something with you all, you all know my name and fintly bits of information about me, you’ve seen me post some good and crap stuff on fb over time.
i’d like to give the pleasure of explaining a few things. I haven’t always been deaf, i haven’t always been successful, i have made some huge mistakes in my life and i own them,
I made mistakes just like you all
– believing I had friends but were users
– listening to conditionings
– believing societies views on deafness
– falling in the wrong crowds
– rebelling instead of thinking
– lacked confident
– lacked self believe
– lacked my purpose in life
– didn’t dare try and achieve my dreams
– hidden the fact I am more confident in sign language and speaking rather than just speaking
– TRYING TO FIT IN (puke)
– TRYING TO BE SOMEONE I AM NOT (puke)
I have stopped doing all the above and discovered the true me, my path, my purpose and i have learned so so so much.
– I have gained confident
– gained clarity
– gained true friends
– gained a purpose
– gained a business that I have set up (Ignite the Light sign language)
– gained lot more knowledge and understanding
– gained understanding of life
– Discovered my passions
– discovered the true meaning of who i am
– living life to the fullest as i can
– knows disability isn’t my limitations but societies views
– I am happy in my own company (of course with domino, but even i need my own space sometimes )
I have fallen on my arse so many times in my life that i have lost count, but its not stopped me, its given me so much more determination every time. its taught me that i am a lot stronger than i show/ that i believed. its shown me life can be an asshole sometimes, but then on the other hand it can be a godsend when things go right.
I have since changed how i think, changed my mindset, changed to be me, changed my life prospects. I have grown I have changed. i am me, I am KATIE, I am unique, I am a sign language coach. and my 2 true passions are signing and acting.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO TAKE THE LEAP AND SIGN WITH ME?