Family. Are you doing enough to create a balance within your family? Maintaining the balance is very important which ensure’s everyone’s needs are met.
No family is perfect, far from it – but that doesn’t mean we stop making the effort to make the time for each other. Life can get busy and work can take over majority of our time. Which sometimes means family members are not acknowledged.
Family time isn’t just for the weekends – it is every day. Even if the interaction is 30 minutes – its better than nothing. Catching up with family after work around the table perhaps is a great way to interact with your family. Keep the phones away during this time encourages more talk and less device distractions.
If you have younger children in your family, their needs immediately become more of a priority, but that doesn’t mean couples don’t make time for themselves. Find those opportunities to catch up – even if it is during the children’s nap time or when they are playing with games – play with them together and talk.
Here’s some realistic goals you can set to ensure you maintain balance in your family:
- Your children not the most important people in the family – your marriage is – so keep that maintained, work on it – and strengthen your house – and that will include your children
- Follow your heart and listen to the times where you feel you’re not making time for your partner – make the time
- Be creative in finding ways to spend time with everyone in the family
- Small actions speak volumes – but be consistent with them
- If your child is becoming more demanding, find ways to stop that by ensuring they know who the parent is – don’t be a push over
- Take time for yourself – read a book, anything for time out
- Look for ways to make your routine tasks easier – this gives you more time for yourself and with family
- Don’t wait for the weekend to talk to your family members – remember, small consistent interactions are better than nothing
- Don’t be afraid to say “no” to your children – don’t let them run your house. This gives you less time to yourself or your partner
- Eat healthy balanced foods and exercise – go for walks, get some fresh air, read books, do some yoga – anything to help you health and well being
To summarize, if you want balance in your life you have to be prepared to work for it. Don’t expect things to change if you’re not doing anything about it. Set your goals and commit to them. Ask yourself how you would like you ideal week to become and write this down – vision what you want it to be like.
This was originally published on https://www.coachqadir.com/