“My experiences and observations in a nutshell.” A. Tate, Ed.D.
How can an organization encourage creativity to fuel innovation to improve systems, increase outcomes, and create a culture that finds comfort in discomfort?
- Maintain a small learning community that is connected through reliable communication pathways.
- Experiment with new methods, systems, and structures in controlled ways or within controlled groups.
- Encourage non-routine practices to develop based on need or employee recommendation.
- Value employee insight and implement novel ideas with follow-up to see if intended results are achieved.
- Remain flexible, nimble, and open-minded.
- Enjoy the status quo but do not be bound by it.
- Understand that creativity is what fuels innovation.
- Find comfort in discomfort.