Great culture shows. That’s why leading-edge companies like Sprinklr and their people are intentional about building great cultures. They figure out the values that matter, and find ways to embody them in everything they say and do. How? Check out the 7 steps in the Winning Culture Playbook.
Five Pillars of The Sprinklr Way
To be successful, a culture should be based on what’s most important to the specific company and its employees. At Sprinklr, our priorities take the form of five foundational pillars, each with its own fundamental core principles:
- Cultural aspiration: We are customer-obsessed. We treat employees like family. We do the right thing always and take extreme pride in who we are, what we build, and what we do.
- Core beliefs: People never forget how you make them feel. Be nice. Every human has the potential to be amazing. Keep learning. Helping others succeed makes us happy. Give back.
- Core values: It’s OK. Be fearless. Sprinkle, don’t shout. Keep moving forward. Fix it, don’t complain. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever give up. Ever! Passionately, genuinely care.
- Leadership expectations: Set high standards, provide clear direction, and be meritocratic. Own the culture — The Sprinklr Way. Hire, develop, and enable a world-class team. Communicate to inspire and engage. Achieve outstanding results.
- Operating principles: We have clearly defined outcomes for each team and individual. We are explicit with expected behavior and behavior gaps. We are explicit with required skills and skill gaps. We acknowledge our strengths and gaps. We build on our strengths and address gaps with a clear learning plan. We hire for culture.
This is Who We Are
As our CEO Ragy Thomas likes to say, the Sprinklr Way was discovered, not invented. By that, he means we looked at what was working, the positive behaviors that delivered results, and what people wanted in a great company. All of this, and more, became the foundation for our culture. We call it The Sprinklr Way — and it’s our way of working, living, and being. I’m so proud to be a part of something so powerful.
What brings The Sprinklr Way to life is our extraordinary, talented people. For example, people like Meaghan Hurley, an associate director of inside sales in Austin, Texas, make all the difference. Meaghan is loved by her team for treating each one of her team members like family. She provides emotional support, assistance, and anything else that is needed during the good… and the hard times.
Listen to what some of her colleagues have to say:
- “She never makes us feel bad for not nailing the mark on Day 1; she just makes sure that every single day we try to be a little bit better, and that’s enough.” –Mallory Bowen, SDR inside sales
- “She pushes my creativity and innovation and she’s always willing to lend a helping hand when I need it.” –Luke Broussard, team lead inside sales
- “There are so many great things I can say about Meaghan and about the impact she’s had on every single person in this organization. She’s been the most consistent person since I joined Sprinklr back in 2017, and I am better off – both personally and professionally – for having met and worked with her.” — Emily Sparks, team lead, inside sales.
Thank you Meaghan! You’re truly live The Sprinklr Way.
Our Foundation and Our Guide
“Faced with a decision or at a crossroads, The Sprinklr Way is our way of knowing when something is right or wrong, and it’s our ethical compass,” says Dasle Kim, Sprinklr’s Employee Advocacy Manager.
I love that Dasle. Well said!
Dasle offers additional insights. “The Sprinklr Way empowers people to live their positive values.”
That matters because Dasle, like so many people today, chooses jobs that align with her purpose and values. (See her blog here.)
Purpose Is a Differentiator
In fact, more than 7 out of 10 employees who feel personally and professionally fulfilled report that their company has a strong sense of purpose, according to Global Talent Trends 2019, a survey of business executives, HR leaders, and employees worldwide from consulting leader Mercer.
The Sprinklr Way enables all of us to listen to our employees, our customers, and our positive values and create extraordinary experiences inside the company with our people and outside with our customers and everyone we touch.
For more learnings on culture, see…
Check out my book, too: It Takes More than Casual Fridays and Free Coffee: Building a Business Culture that Works for Everyone (Palgrave Macmillan)