This list does not require an introduction. The only thing that can be said is: Take a risk and do it before it’s too late.
Here is a compilation of a list of things that people regret when they reach old age, so take this list and use it as a source of inspiration to start doing the things that you are most passionate about, that make you see life differently and they will allow you to tell a good story.
What will you regret when you’re old?
1. Not having traveled when you had the chance: Traveling around the world becomes much more difficult when you get old, especially when you have a family and you have to pay 3 or 4 times more.
2. Not having learned another language: You can not be lazy! Learning another language opens doors and gives you countless opportunities.
3. Having spent your time in a relationship that was not worth it: All those who have ended a bad relationship regret not having done it quickly, do not waste your time with someone who does not help you grow or who does not value you.
4. Not having used sunscreen: Wrinkles, moles or skin cancer, do not you want that, right? Develop habits that give you well-being, health and tranquility.
5. Having missed the opportunity to see your favorite musician or band: You do not know when they are going to return to your country or if they will continue to sing for years to come. Concerts are not something that happens every day.
6. Be afraid to take a chance: Looking back, you will think what was it that made me so afraid? So start today, leave your comfort zone.
7. Not having enough exercise: Stand on the couch and run, move. Exercise, because when you reach 40 (or more) you will dream of having dedicated time to your body and therefore to your vitality.
8. Allowing your gender to define your abilities: There is nothing sadder than a person saying “well, it was that way it was in the times before” . Both women and men have the same capabilities.
9. Not having given up a terrible job: We know that you have to pay your bills, but if you do not make a plan to improve your situation you will end up waking up one day after 40 years in the same job that seems more like hell.
10. Not to have given the best of you in the university: It is not about the fact that your notes determine where you are going to arrive in your life, but you will realize how good it was to spend a whole day learning.
11. Not having realized how cute you were: Many of us spend our youth criticizing us without realizing that it was at that time when we saw each other best.
12. Being afraid to say “I love you”: When you are old you will not care if the love you gave was paid, the only thing that will matter is knowing you let know what you felt.
13. Not having listened to your parents’ advice: You did not want to listen to their advice when you were young, but the harsh truth is that most of the things that your parents told you about life are true, and ultimately, they guide you in the process of how to be successful.
14. Have worried too much about what others think: In 20 years you will not care what those characters thought.
15. Supporting the dreams of others instead of yours: Supporting others is good and exemplary, but not when you never had the opportunity to shine for yourself and fulfill your aspirations in life
16. Not having been a person with determination: When old people look back, they regret not having made difficult decisions at the right times.
17. Have held grudges with people you love: What is the point of reliving feelings or problems of the past over and over again? Life is too short to waste it accumulating rages and pains.
18. Not having made yourself as a person: Find the way and fight for your goals, the old people care very little what others think and that’s how you should be, so find the purpose of your life and take it out.
19. Not having volunteered for a good cause: Having come to the end of life and not helping people who needed it, or having contributed your bit, is a reason why many people feel repentant.
20. Not taking care of your teeth: Toothbrushes, dental floss, having gone to the dentist … It will seem very easy when you have to wear dentures.
21. Missing the opportunity to ask your grandparents questions after they have passed away: Many of us realize too late the great source of information that grandparents can be. They can explain many things about your life and where you come from.
To have worked too hard: No one looks back from his deathbed wishing he had spent more time in the office but with family and friends.
23. Not having learned to cook: Eating is something vital, how can you leave that great responsibility in the hands of others? It is easier than you think.
24. Not having taken advantage of important moments: Young people are always eager, stop and enjoy the moments that life offers you. They go faster than you think.
25. Not having finished what you started one day: ” I dreamed of becoming a painter, I even started taking classes but later …” These excuses will not help you in your search for how to be happier.
26. Define yourself for what others expect: Never let them tell you “here we are not or we think so”.
27. Not having played with your children enough: When you are old you will realize that your son happened in the blink of an eye to want to play with you all the time to ask you to leave his room.
28. Not having taken a big risk (especially in love): Having taken that crazy risk at least once in a lifetime, even knowing that it would not have worked will be a great experience when you’re old.
29. Not having taken the time to meet people and network: Having contacts is something very important especially when you realize that many jobs can be achieved as well. Do not waste your time and put your network to work, make contacts.
30. Having worried too much: Many things that you worry about may not even happen.
31. To have been dramatic: Please leave it to the movies. Enjoy more and stop fixing so much in the small difficulties you face, rather focus on everything you have to thank.
32. Not having spent enough time with those you love: Our time with the beings we love the most is limited, make it yield.
33. Not having stopped on a stage: It is not something that everyone regrets but many old people always wished-once-to know what it would have felt to stand in front of a crowd and show any of their abilities.
34. Not having been grateful: It is hard to see but eventually it will happen that every moment on earth, from the most mundane to the most incredible, is a gift that we are too fortunate to share.