An iPhone is certainly one of the most desired and fascinating smartphones in the market. You need to handle this precious phone carefully so that you can fully enjoy its features and functions. But if you have dropped your iPhone in water, then don’t panic, rather you need to act smartly in this scenario. Though the new generation iPhone is water-resistant, still it’s not fully waterproof.
If your new iPhone is dropped into a water bowl or water bucket, follow the below-mentioned solutions to fix the situation. Even after taking all the solutions, you still don’t notice any improvement with your phone, then take it to an iPhone repair in Delhi.
Now, take a look at the below points that you should do immediately when you have dropped your iPhone into the water.
- Don’t turn it on: This is the most important thing that you should consider if you have dropped your iPhone unintentionally to water. Your phone may not turn on after being damaged by water. So, don’t panic or try to turn on it forcefully or manually. Rather you keep it ideal and wait for some time.
- Remove SIM card: Once your phone is turned off, you need to ensure that the SIM card doesn’t get affected by water. So, remove the SIM card by using a SIM card removal clip.
- Wipe the exterior part: Now by using a tissue or cotton cloth, you need to wipe its exterior part. If you are using a case for your phone’s protection, then remove it. Don’t give too much pressure while wiping the phone rather do it gently. Because this will minimize water damage.
- Keep it in a warm place: Once you have cleared the exterior part, now you need to ensure that water doesn’t much damage the interior part of your phone. For this, you need to place your phone in a warm and dry place so that water gets evaporated from inside your phone. Many people place it in front of a window, but your phone may get damaged due to the direct exposure of the sunlight. So, it would be a wise decision if you place your phone on the top of the TV or a monitor.
- Dry it with silica gel: If you want that your phone will work properly, then dry it using silica gel. You may get some extra packets of silica gel while purchasing the phone. Still, if you need more, you can purchase them quickly from any major store.
- Keep it in uncooked rice: Place your phone in a bowl of uncooked rice and keep it for at least a day so that all the water content should get absorbed completely. After that, take out your phone and remove the extra pieces of rice.
- Use your hair dryer: Even after taking all the above-mentioned steps, your phone won’t turn on, then you can use a hair dryer to resolve the water damage issue. But you should keep the dryer in a low power mode and gently blow it over your phone.
- Dismantle: This is the last option if your phone won’t turn on. You need to dismantle it carefully so that your phone will get some air for drying. After drying for some hour, you can again assemble it.
- Visit an Apple store: If the problem still persists, visit a nearby authorized Apple store for iPhone screen repair or the entire repair of your phone.
- Take a waterproof case: Once your phone is fixed, then make sure it won’t suffer from the same problem in future. So, purchase a waterproof case for your phone. You can purchase it from a retail or an online store.
Hope, the above-mentioned suggestions will help you to fix the water damage issue for your iPhone. With the help of the internet, you may find some more fruitful solutions for your wet phone.