A good sleep is the best cure for almost all problems! Be it a physical ailment, a mental or emotional issue; a good sleep helps release the pain and anxiety and brings in clarity of thought. A good sleep schedule helps the body restore energy and rejuvenates the mind to take on a fresh new day with greater vigor. Pressing schedules and busy lifestyles have forced people to give up a good sleep. This only adds to the stress and anxiety and makes a person dull and less focused.
Another very common reason for a disturbed sleep is snoring. Yes, snoring not only disturbs the person sleeping next to you, it also disturbs your own peaceful sleep. According a resource, about 40 percent of adult men and 24 percent of adult women are habitual snorers.
Possible Causes of Snoring
There could be multiple reasons to your snoring but here the most common ones that lead to snoring:
- Incorrect sleeping position
- Excessive weight
- Alcohol consumption
- Unhygienic sleep routine
- Closed nasal passages
- Uncomfortable pillows
How do I get rid of Snoring?
Here are few actionable tips that can help you get rid of snoring and sleep better:
- Avoid consumption of alcohol just before you sleep. Excessive alcohol consumption is one of the main reasons for snoring.
- Make sure your nose is not blocked. A blocked nose or a closed nasal passage will definitely make you snore.
- Try changing your sleeping position or pillows; this may help as a certain position or pillow height may be the reason for your snoring.
- Drink lots of water and keep your body well hydrated to minimize the chances of snoring.
- Keep a check on your body weight as excessive weight creates a pressure on your respiratory organs leading to snoring.
- A good sleep pattern helps stop snoring. Sleeping when excessively tired or not sleeping enough leads to snoring.
Understand the root cause of your snoring and then work on it accordingly. A snore free sleep helps you be well rested and helps you wake up fresh and relaxed. Sleeping with too many worries or stress leads to a disturbed sleep which may affect your sleep pattern. Certain calming activities like reading or listening to soft music help calm the mind that lead to a peaceful sleep and a snore-free sleep.
Originally published at medium.com