Your body needs sleep.
Its simple right? you get yourself ready for bed. Do the daily rituals and walk to your bed. You lay you head on the pillow and close your eyes. And sleep till the next day.
At least that is what you would like to do, ideally. But something is stopping you. Sometimes you don’t even know what it is.
Your mind is racing perhaps. You’re playing that song you just heard over and over in your head. You’re rehearsing that presentation that is scheduled tomorrow.
Something is stopping you to do the most simple thing a human being can do. Sleep.
Question is, what do you do about it?
Sleep deprivation is a condition of not having enough sleep. It can become chronic or acute. It can also affect brain functionality hence the active mind.
Finding ways to improve your sleep needs to start now, to avoid long term affects of sleep deprivation. Here’s what you can do to help this frustrating dilemma:
- Allow 1 hour minimum total no activity time
- Quit the usage of phones – brain stimulation is definitely a no go zone if you plan on getting any sleep
- Quit eating drinks and snacks that contain caffeine
- Stay away from coffee and tea for at least 4 hours before sleep if you can avoid it
- Reading helps – grab a book and read yourself to sleep
- Put some relaxation music on – soothing music always helps to relax but may not help all of us
- For over active minds, find ways to release the thoughts that are stuck in your mind from the day – maybe journaling can help
- Stop looking for ways to sleep while trying to sleep – you’re still on your phone or laptop which causes more brain stimulation
- Talk to your partner – if there’s anything on your mind that is impacting sleep, talking helps
- Get Coached – I will state the obvious because I am a life coach. I’ve helped many of my clients with life goals and decisions that affect the brain activity which impacts sleep
Sleep doesn’t have to be frustrating. Sleep patterns can take time to change but as long as you acknowledge there’s a problem, you’re half way there.
Learn more about my coaching by booking a Free 45 Minute Consultation today.
Visit https://www.coachqadir.com/ where this was originally published.