It is becoming challenging to manage the stressful situation of COVID and keeping kids engaged at home with a positive environment. I am not a big fan of screen time. These are some of the things I am doing with my kid at home and thought of sharing.
Below are some of the resources to find some activities. – Board games(Monopoly, Ticket to Ride, Connect Four)- build analytical/strategic thinking, math
– Scrabble/Quiddler – enhance language skills
– Puzzles – build problem solving
– Legos- inspire them to create things
– Coloring activity –
brings out creativity
– Crafts – inspire them to create things from simple objects around them
– Books that teach geography, different countries/cultures of the world, etc
– Kumon STEM kits that help them to understand about the engineering skills.
– Practicing or composing their own pieces if they are into music, singing or dance.
-Journal writing – helps them reflect on things during the day.
– Some unstructured playtime where they use their creativity to come up with games.
My favorite links with the 1-month free subscription:
Amar Chitra Katha: bit.ly/ACKFree
These are some more awesome list of ideas from a parent who does homeschooling.
– Kids Learning Tube
– Geek Gurl Diaries
– Mike Likes Science
*Scholastic has created a free learn-from-home site with 20+ days of learning and activities.
*Pretend to travel the world. Go on a virtual tour of these 12 famous museums.
*This is the awesome free curriculum that we use. Everything from preschool activities to 12th grade is here! https://allinonehomeschool.com/
*List of thinking games by grade: https://allinonehomeschool.com/thinking/
*More awesome free learning websites that we like to use*
Hope these resources will help. If you know any other resources, please share in the comments.
Have a wonderful day and stay safe!!