Change is not easy. Many of us find it hard to do. We fight to hold on and we fight to let go.
We hold on to what was, or what could have been, to mistakes made, to love lost, and to beliefs that no longer serve our higher good.
Once we get a hold of something, we want it to last forever. However, it doesn’t work that way. Some people or situations enter our lives to show us what is right or sometimes to show us what is not. It can last a moment or it can last for years. Usually, it doesn’t last forever. Understanding this is our journey of The Let Go. Pressing the ReSet button is a way to start.
If we want to make a change and yet we change nothing… Nothing changes
Making a change takes action.
When is it time for a ReSet?
- Doors keep closing before we can walk through.
- We feel low, unenthusiastic, tired, lackluster or irritable.
- Our friends don’t support our growth.
- We find a lot to complain about.
- There is a feeling of something looming or we sense there is more to life.
How do we ReSet?
- When doors keep closing it is a sign that we are off our path. It is time for a reassessment. Are our intentions clear on what we want or are we sending mixed messages to the universe? Are we secretly sabotaging ourselves? Are we ready to step up to the opportunities once the door opens?
- Move! Exercise can be as easy as taking a walk. Get outside. Endorphins will kick in and change your energy. Another great shake-up is laughter. Watch a funny movie, go to a comedy club, or just get together with some friends for a giggle or a laugh.
- Refrain from spending time with those who are toxic, those who laugh at your dreams or tell you things are impossible. Surround yourself with those of like-minds. Those who support your ambitions, your quirks and your free spirit. If you find yourself in a negative situation, politely remove yourself.
- When the urge to complain comes up, learn to stop it before it overtakes you. When we complain, we attract things to complain about. When we are grateful, we attract things to be grateful for.
- When the feeling of doom and gloom shadow us or the thought that we are at a dead end life, must be more than this, it is a sign to press Reset. It’s akin to backing up our computers. We all know it’s imperative to do and we all know someone that failed to do it. Oops.
When we update our computers we shut them down to ReStart. The same holds true for us. We need a moment to shut down. A time to reflect and reassess the life we envision.
Picture yourself living the life you have always imagined. For those who are familiar with Marie Kondo and her philosophy about clearing our space, she talks about holding each item in our hands and asking ourselves, “Does this bring me joy”?
The same can be said of relationships and situations in our lives. Ask yourself, “Does this person or situation bring me joy”? If not, what can I change? If there are no changes to be made, take a moment to thank the person or situation for the lessons learned and let them go. The sooner we can Let Go the easier it is to move on.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making things complicated ~ Confucius