What do you do when you start to feel overwhelmed, overworked, or just generally like you need a break? How do you recharge and find alignment? What do you do to feel calm and centered? Is it time for a digital detox?
As a founding coach of The Coaching Fellowship I have the honor to share my coaching in a way that ignites inspiration and leads people to action. Being part of this community is one of the most rewarding experiences. It is a privilege to meet women from all over the world who are giving their talents to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges.
I recently led a group conversation on Recharging and Realigning. Here are eight ideas you may integrate into your own life.
- Close your eyes, take a deep breath and let go of what is too much. Name it and let it go.
- Visualize your happy place.
- Celebrate the little victories. Celebrate your friends.
- Participate in 21 days of kindness. Find a way to show kindness every day for 21 days. What can you give to others? A compliment? A meal? A smile? Help a neighbor? How will that make you feel?
- Change your routine. Drive a different way home. Walk on a different path. Go to a different café.
- Yoga, exercise, meditation. Find a way to incorporate this into your day whether it is five minutes or three hours.
- Practice gratitude. When you wake up in the morning or between meetings share a quick statement: “I am grateful for…”
- Turn off your phone and pick up a book.
What would you add? How do you recharge and realign?