One year passes by very quickly. As I flipped the page this year I decide to take some time to think about my major learnings so far. Here are a few of them, not in any specific order.
- Invest in yourself. Put yourself through programs that help you in knowing yourself. The first thing you have to conquer in this world is yourself.
- When in campus don’t just go to class. Start a business, fail and fail fast. You will be grateful you did because the experience will be very valuable when you walk out.
- Apply for things you don’t even think you can get. They will teach you something new.
- Get a coach/mentor. Someone has already achieved what you want. Don’t repeat their mistakes.
- You will fail more times than you will succeed. You only need to get it right once, and if you get it right once is enough.
- Read widely. Someone has already written a book about what you are trying to achieve.
- Never stop learning because life never stops teaching.
- You have to earn the right to speak.
- No one is going to make you happy. Find what makes you happy. Be happy. Present yourself to the other person as a happy person.
- The grass is greener where you water the ground.
- Mentor somebody. Someone wishes to be where you are. Support them. The only way you grow is by supporting those below you, working with those at your level and looking up to those ahead of you.
- Travel. Whether within or out of your country. Look for travel experiences that expose you to new cultures and new people.
- People are people everywhere. Be kind and gentle to people. The person you ignore on your way up may be the same person you meet on your way down.
- Exercise. Build an exercise routine. It is easier to gain weight than to loss it.
- Develop a morning routine(if you can).
- Passion is overated. It is very important that you find something that you love. However focussing on solving problems is a better strategy than focusing on looking for a passion. Be passionate about solving a problem.
- Sometimes you will win other times you will learn. Embrace the learnings with grace.
- Whatever your hands get to do, do it as unto God.
- Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness and all these other things shall be added to you.
Most importantantly find time to reflect on your day, week, month and year. It is a good way to evaluate how far you’ve come and how far you need to go.
Originally published at medium.com