COVID-19 has impacted the world. Those who are working from home are now adjusting to a new environment, are reviewing how they deliver quality services consistently, while staying connected to colleagues and clients.
Making the best use of your time has never been so important (particularly if you’re juggling work with childcare / overseeing your children’s home education). Here are five tips to ensure you kick off remote working in the most productive way possible:
1. Adapt your Morning Routine
Setting your alarm, having a shower and getting dressed will contribute to a positive mental association with ‘going to work’. However, you won’t be commuting and sometimes having a slow morning leading up to 9am can mean a sluggish start to your working day. Why not grab a coffee and attack that task you’ve been putting off? Then make breakfast once you’ve hit a wall? (Great for those who are ‘morning’ people!)
2. Zone your Home
Designate areas of your home for specific tasks. A consistent workspace can help aid focus, while allowing you to ‘leave’ work at the end of the day. Save your sofa for breaks, reserve your bed for relaxation, your garden / balcony / daily walk for fresh air and mindfulness. Zones will help with your daily routine, which will make everything feel more bitesize and manageable.
3. Make Time for your Physical and Mental Health
- Take your lunch break – Refuel and reset
- Get moving! Grab some fresh air in your garden or pop a free exercise video on YouTube
- Distract your mind with a podcast or book – escape into something that interests you
- Clean! Many people find this therapeutic – plus tidy house, tidy mind…
4. Stay Connected
Feeling isolated and alone can have an extremely negative impact on your mental health and productivity. Put some time aside in your day to contact loved ones. Even setting up ‘face-to-face’ meetings with colleagues and clients via video conferencing tools such as Microsoft Teams, Google Hangouts and Zoom will make you feel more connected professionally. A good reminder that you’re not alone in feeling isolated.
5. Embrace the Benefits of Technology
If you’re not already, it’s time to invest in technology solutions that will help you deliver a consistent, quality service to clients – from a distance. In addition to our cloud-based Will drafting software Arken Professional, we have a set of tools that also aid business efficiency, consistency and productivity remotely. These include:
- Online Wills: Offer your clients a way to complete a simple Will online via your website. Arken.legal’s Online Will Service allows the busy Private Client solicitor, professional Will Writer or estate planner to enable their clients to complete a simple online Will. Not only can price, brand and the level of service you wish to offer be set at your desired level, your clients will trust the process, because you are their trusted advisor.
- Arken Acquire:A digital fact find. Simply email a link to your client and they can input key information that seamlessly flows into Arken Professional for drafting. It can also sit on your website and social media channels to capture lead data.
- Arken Anywhere:Access an offline version of Arken Professional that will synchronise with your account once you’re back online. (Great for when you have poor WiFi, connectivity issues or a power cut.)