Today we will dive into self-doubt and worthiness from the UK, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, and Columbia through the FEAR SOLUTION
Fiction -> Doubting Others and Yourself Will Make you Fulfilled
Fake News-> Self-Doubt On Things You Can’t Control is a Productive Use of Your Time
Facts-> Believing In Yourself and Making Others Feel Worthy Will Create The Most Freedom for Yourself and Others
We all have those days where we don’t feel 100%. That is ok!! We aren’t supposed to be happy all the time. However, it is essential that we minimize our time spent getting down on ourselves, spreading negative energy to others, and wasting our limited time in this beautiful place.
I am guilty of making others unintentionally feel unworthy. I am guilty of doubting others and starving their own freedom. And I am guilty of starving my freedom by doubting myself. I used to avoid ignore these problems I was creating for myself and others by Failing Down and lying to myself that I wasn’t doing anything wrong. I created a false positivity confidence loop in my head that made me think that I could do anything I wanted without any consequences. I wasn’t fully awake to understand the unworthy feeling that I had instilled on the receiving end that was at the expense of my immaturity.
Fast forward to this past week when one of my employees honestly communicated with me about how she felt I didn’t give her my full attention in the moment. I definitely was awake at this moment because I felt like shit as soon as I realized the negative feeling I had created. What I realized is that the short-term pleasure and dopamine hit of doing something in the present at the expense of someone else starves your fulfillment and freedom. By being able to acknowledge that I had made a mistake, I had two choices. Fail Down, blame myself, and waste my countless energy on doubting myself and feeling bad for myself that I fucked up. Or spend my full attention going within myself, learning from the experience, and attack the problem by finding a solution that would prevent me from creating an unworthy feeling for myself or someone else in the future. This is how I define Failing Up in my new book, which revolves around saying how can I positively make the most of the present moment to help make the unfortunate situation into a valuable one for all parties involved. By not attacking problems, we will always have self-doubt, overthink, and worry about things that we will never solve by waiting.
I now give every single person I am fortunate to talk to on a daily basis and attack any problem that is bothering me or someone else with my full attention . This has helped me create stronger bonds, improve my listening skills, help me add further value to their community, and enjoy the present moment. This also made me go within myself and realize how much time and energy we spend blaming ourselves for unfortunate events that are out of our control.
How Can We Take Action?
- Set boundaries between controllable and uncontrollable events is very important in order to shift wasted time and negative energy into positive energy improving yourself within your control.
- We need to stop comparing ourselves with other people and start comparing ourselves to how we can improve ourselves every day while helping others be more fulfilled.
- When we do have low moments (I had one yesterday J ) create open and honest communication about what is bothering you with friends and talk it out! I wrote down everything bothering me in that moment and had a vulnerable, honest discussion with multiple friends about how to take action steps to move forward. When you surround yourself with the right people, they will be able to reason and talk you out of your self-doubts. At the end of the day, we all have a gift and we can truly do anything we set our mind to when we believe in ourselves!
- We need to learn from mistakes and embrace them as a positive.
- We need to be more self-aware and listen by giving people our full attention.
The way I see it, we can’t control anyone or anything besides our unique self, but the freedom to educate people about our past experiences to expose them to the most opportunities that will get them closer to who they truly want to be. Attack something bothering you today rather than pushing it off and invest in yourself. You are the only one stopping yourself, and once you get over this, you will feel worthy and make other people feel more worthy J That’s a basic human right that we are really good at depriving ourselves and other people from.
Check Out Today’s Content From Today
Highlights From Three of My Previous Podcast Episodes on Self Doubt
Highlights From Talk With Guinness World Record Holder on Confidence and Believing In Yourself to Fail Up
If you like my content, feel free to share to educate and inspire others to reach their full potential or follow my journey by:
Subscribing to My Weekly Newsletter of Positive Inspiration
Pre-Ordering My New Book
I am so excited for what March has in store for all of us! Wishing you an amazing month free, fulfilled, and happy!
Originally published at brandonlabella.com