Oven baked chicken breasts recipe is one of my all-time favourites. This versatile and easy prepped meal has never failed me once.
How Many Calories Is In Baked Chicken Breast?
A piece of boneless, skinless baked chicken breast with the size of 2 oz can provides approximately 106 calories (equivalent to 5% of an adult’s daily calorie requirement). If baked chicken breasts are served skin-on, the content of fat and calories will be higher.
Lean And Protein-rich
Regard to chicken breasts, by consuming a couple of servings of chicken breasts a day, you’re supplied with enough protein your body to function within a day.
Science has proven that chicken is better when they’re skinless or boneless. Breasts are the most recommended among the cuts – they’re lean, protein-rich and super low in fat.
For that reason, chicken breast can also be dried out and rubbery easily. Juiciness decides the final result. This recipe is totally unlike Chicken pot pie, where we only need the ingredients to work together.
How Long Is Chicken Breasts Baked In The Oven?
We cooked them at 350℉ for 20 minutes uncovered in the oven, but cooking time should really be flexible, and adjusted accordingly to the breast’s thickness. That was to say, my instruction should be taken as reference only. Depending on your meat cuts, cooking time regulation is required for each situation.
How To Reheat Baked Chicken Breasts
Leftover poultry is often prone to dry and rubbery after reheated, so it’s best to add liquid to your chicken (can be chicken broth, leftover liquids or even water) when preheat them.
First, you wrap your chicken breasts in aluminium foil, brush the liquid all over the surface and oven-bake once again in 350°F. Once finished, let them sit still for another 20-25 minutes to keep warm.
Oven Baked Chicken Breast Recipe
Chicken breast really is a popular go-to protein choice for many home cooks – it’s super affordable, versatile and easily incorporated into your carte du jour. Still doubt? Check these best healthy chicken recipes out to get your answer.
prep 5 mins
cook 20 mins
total 25 mins
yield 4 servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 5 – 6 oz each.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 11/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3-4 lemon slices
How to Make
- Preheat the oven to approximately 350-400oF
- Using either a rolling pin, a meat tenderizer or your own fist to pound the chicken breasts to the thickness of 0.5” – 0.6”.
- Mix brown sugar, paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, some splashes of salt and pepper together.
- Place the chicken breasts upside down on the baking tray lined with baking paper. Use your fingers to rub the olive oil over the breasts. Drizzle 1 tsp oil and sprinkle some seasoning based on your preference. Flip your chicken and repeat the above steps with the other side.The aim of adding olive oil is to give the meat a bit of extra moisture during cooking, thus preventing the outcome from being too stringy and dry. Proper seasoning can liven up the natural bland taste of chicken breasts.
- Put the tray in the oven at moderate temperature in 20 minutes. If you have trust issues with exact timing things, simply pay attention to the chicken’s color: Remove them from the oven as soon as the surface turns golden.If it’s still a thorn in your side, feel free to pause halfway and check the meat whenever you want. Use the tip of a knife or anything pointed and pierce the breasts to see if they’re tender enough. According to the USDA, you can also check if a poultry is well-cooked or not by testing its internal temperature (160F is the ideal one). Thus, a food thermometer would help in this case. No more burned or undercooked poultry.
- Let it sit for about 2 minutes so the juice could settle back in. Serve your well-baked chicken breasts on plates. Garnish them with some splashes of freshly chopped cilantro. Some slices of lemon as toppings could totally worth another sapid dash of flavor.