My Experience With Sinus Surgery

I didn't know what to expect.

Thrive invites voices from many spheres to share their perspectives on our Community platform. Community stories are not commissioned by our editorial team, and opinions expressed by Community contributors do not reflect the opinions of Thrive or its employees. More information on our Community guidelines is available here.

I have always had a problem with congestion and constant sneezing. It became a part of my daily routine so I didn’t think much of it.

Last year I went in to see if my wisdom teeth should be removed but the dentist discovered dark blobs in my nasal area and thought a doctor should check it out so we had a doctor look at. There I was diagnosed with polyps.

Unfortunately, my college schedule interfered with the surgery because of the many doctors’ visits I would have to go to. Since the surgery two weeks ago, I have already had two post-op appointments.

The day of the surgery I was surprisingly not nervous. My parents and I went to the hospital and I was hooked up to the IV and put to sleep. The surgery took about an hour and I was discharged not long after because of how well the surgery well.

The days following the surgery I had to have a bandage on my nose and blood would gush out anytime I looked down. Since then the blood has mostly subsided except for the occasional drip every now and then.

There was no bruising and there no pain which I am thankful for and is usually not the norm.

For anybody else who has to go through this, just know that you got this. I didn’t know what to expect but I hope that now that it is over, I’ll be able to breathe better and that I won’t be as congested as I normally was.

My surgery well great and now I’m ready to relax and let the healing process commence.

    We use cookies on our site to give you the best experience possible. By continuing to browse the site, you agree to this use. For more information on how we use cookies, see our Privacy Policy.