“I strive to be a balanced, fair, loving and self assured decision maker, partner, wife, daughter, sister, and friend. I have overcome some challenges in life and have tried to share my story to help others as much as possible.”
I had the pleasure to interview Cynthia Blanchard. Cynthia is an entrepreneur in the Fin-tech, blockchain, and cryptocurrency industries. She is Co-Founder and President of Anthem Vault, Inc. ( which provides gold/silver savings accounts for clients), AnthemGold, Inc. (a gold-backed crypto asset token company), and Hercules SEZC (a supply chain management on blockchain software company). Cynthia formally owned an independent music publishing company in Nashville TN., and is also the author of the spiritual fable novel “Humanville.”
What is your “backstory”?
The music industry. I started out as a singer and went on to co-own an independent music publishing company in Nashville TN. I “keep my chops up” by singing background vocals on country albums, including those of Reba McEntire and the late Mindy McCready. I also represented music publishing and master catalogs for film and television in Los Angeles for a couple of years. I “fell into” the gold, crypto and blockchain industries when I met and married my husband, Anthem. Five years after marrying, we started our own precious metals fintech company in 2011 and branched out officially into the cryptocurrency and blockchain world in 2014. We have since created a gold-backed crypto asset token company and also have founded a blockchain supply chain management software company.
Can you tell me about the most interesting projects you are working on now?
As mentioned above, we have three active companies: Anthem Vault, Inc., AnthemGold, Inc. and Hercules SEZC. AnthemVault is our first, genesis company that offers gold and silver savings accounts to our clients. AnthemGold is the gold-backed crypto asset token company. Each token is backed by one gram of gold. Hercules SEZC is the supply chain management software token company that we originally created to demonstrate the providence and validity of the gold that backs the AnthemGold token called AGLD. In the process of building this platform, we realized that it was, in fact, a true blockchain supply chain management software that provides data integrity in the supply chain documentation process. Hence, we spun off Hercules in November of 2017 and already have working technology.
None of us are able to achieve success without some help along the way. Is there a particular person who you are grateful towards who helped get you to where you are? Can you share a story about that?
My husband is first on the list because, if not for him, I would never have become involved with this new and world-changing blockchain and crypto movement. He believes in professional and personal equality in all aspects of life for everyone, no matter what gender, ethnicity, or age someone is, as do I. I also am grateful to my parents, who have always tried to support my endeavors, even when they have not quite understood some of them.
What are the 5 things that most excite you about blockchain and crypto? Why?
- Decentralization, which, for example in Bitcoin’s case, means there is no controlling entity that can ever endanger, shut down, or compromise the integrity of open blockchain.
- Consensus, which means the decentralized community is required to vote on any changes/improvements of a blockchain and it must be at least a majority vote for any changes to occur. Open blockchain truly is the most honest and pure form of democracy in the world.
- Bypassing the current centralized control systems that are so unbalanced and unfair. Peer-to-peer transactions give individuals true independence and power over their own lives.
- Efficiency of blockchain technology.
- The ability through open blockchain and crypto to help impoverished communities become healthy and solvent.
What are the 5 things worry you about blockchain and crypto? Why?
- The traditional world’s misunderstanding of what blockchain and crypto really are and misjudging them.
- Mis-messaging from this community that leads to confusion and misjudgment.
- Greed rearing its ugly head within this community and also attracting false players motivated only by money that hurt the purity of purpose of the blockchain/crypto movement.
- The lack of business experience of some people in this industry who do not quite understand yet how to run a business and as a result are making missteps that, again, are hurting the overall reputation of blockchain and crypto.
- Over-regulation that could possibly be a result of a lack of understanding about how crypto and blockchain really work. Regulation is welcome if kept in its purest form; to help identify bad actors and protect innocent buyers. Some fear regulation will be used to control and destroy. I personally think the world regulators are trying to set fair guidelines, but are still trying to figure it all out.
How have you used your success to bring goodness to the world?
I strive to be a balanced, fair, loving and self assured decision maker, partner, wife, daughter, sister, and friend. I have overcome some challenges in life and have tried to share my story to help others as much as possible.
Can you share a story?
I actually have two. I dealt with eating disorders as a teenager and into adulthood. After a long battle with anorexia and bulimia, I overcame them and shared my experience through a novel I wrote. I also spoke on national speaking tours about these challenges and how I triumphed over them. “Humanville” is a spiritual fable/novel based on overcoming eating disorders. My hope is that “Humanville” can help people, especially young people, who are dealing with the same issues and help guide them toward a place of peace, happiness, and health.
As for number two, currently what our AnthemGold and Hercules teams have created within the public blockchain/crypto industry to bring monetary stability, independence and transparency to people of the world is extremely exciting!
What 3 things would you advise to someone who wanted to emulate your career? Can you share an example for each idea?
Love and remain true to yourself. As a woman in a male-dominated industry, it’s challenging, as any woman can attest. When I was in the music industry (especially at a time when it was almost totally male-dominated), women either had to be “flirtatious” , or “vicious”. I now know I don’t have to play any of those games to succeed in business. I stay true to myself, trust my intelligence and intuition, and depend on my talent and confidence to succeed.
Don’t let other people’s opinion of you sway your path and goals. Once I let go of what other people thought, I was able to get out of my own way and became very empowered with strength I didn’t even know I had.
Be strong yet fair. This happened naturally once I accomplished the first two points.
Some of the biggest names in Business, VC funding, Sports, and Entertainment read this column. Is there a person in the world, or in the US whom you would love to have a private breakfast or lunch with, and why? He or she might just see this 🙂
I appreciate the successes of many of the audience who read this column, but I’d be most interested in meeting a person who is no longer with us. James U. Blanchard III is my father-in-law, who I never met. He passed away in 1999. He was one of the founders of the current gold industry in the U.S. and built the largest gold bullion company in the world when gold became legal for U.S. citizens to own again, (after President Roosevelt confiscated citizens’ gold bullion in 1933 during the Depression). It remained illegal to own in the U.S. until my husband’s father led and won the crusade to re-legalize it in 1974. His accomplishments were extraordinary by any standards, but he achieved all of his success after becoming paraplegic at eighteen, which was the result of a car accident. His dream of stable monetary independence for citizens of the world, toward which he worked tirelessly until he died, has lived on in his son and me. The incredible technological inventions and growth of blockchain and crypto technology that are changing the world have given us the platform to achieve the goals James so bravely fought for. It would be really nice to be able to share that with him.
Originally published at medium.com