If you want to center your well-being, there’s perhaps no better way to do so than through a good old-fashioned vacation.
A vacation is a perfect opportunity to get the rest you deserve and finally make-up on all that lost sleep!
After all, sometimes severing ties with everyday stresses and the expectation of staying connected 24/7 is the ultimate way to recharge your batteries.
The problem? There’s a lot of pressure to pick the “perfect” vacation spot.
Oh, and many of us often stress ourselves out inadvertently by squeezing in too many activities and “must-do’s” during the planning phase.
The solution? Relax. Let us make a suggestion for you.
California, here we come!
Why California is the Ultimate Destination for a Health-Centric Vacation
For those looking to get away from it all for the sake of their health, look no further than California. The appeal of the Golden State is crystal clear for those with physical and mental health in mind, consider the following.
- The brilliant climate: not too hot and not too cold, you can spend time in the great outdoors and soak up the sun without having to worry about any sort of extreme temperatures
- The fit populace: often cited as one of the healthiest hubs in the country, there are endless things to do to get up and moving
- The state’s progressive attitude towards cuisine and culture makes the state an absolute paradise for foodies of all walks of life
And despite popular belief, a California vacation doesn’t necessarily have to blow out your budget. While the cost of living may be high, smart travelers can make it work by knowing what to do and look out for. Representing a prime road trip destination with so many cities to explore, we’ve broken down some cost-effective ideas and options for seeing the state right.
Now, let’s dive right in!
Endless Camping and RVing
From top to bottom, there are breathtaking sights to see throughout California in close proximity to either tent or RV camping.
For example, there’s the amazing Redwood Regional Park near San Francisco, its namesake representing some of the most beautiful nature you could hope to see firsthand. From local wildlife to endless trails to explore, there’s arguably no better place to find yourself in nature. Not too far from that is the Golden Gate Bridge, of course, yet another must-see in the state.
With a bit of searching, finding the ideal RV rental in California is no problem at all as long as you have a region of the state in mind.
Stellar Surfing and Beaches
Of course, we can’t really talk much about California without getting into the beaches. Whether it’s kayaking, surfing or just soaking up the sun, hitting up the beach is essential for your skin and serenity alike. When you take a glimpse at some of the best beaches in Southern California, it’s clear to see the sort of diversity that the state has to offer such as…
- Venice Beach: infamous for its boardwalk brimming with bodybuilders and other circus-like sights to see
- Santa Monica: boasting one of the best sunset views anyone could ask for
- Catalina Island: the ideal spot to boat-watch and catch a much-need stroll in peace
Again, there’s something for just about anyone who wants to get moving or simply find their center.
Top Trails and Hiking Spots
If exploration is more of your game, the state’s most notable hiking trails definitely deserve your attention. While some are more challenging than others physically, the walking spots located in these respective national parks are truly one-of-a-kind. While mapping out your California adventure, make sure you earmark the following:
- Joshua Tree National Park: offering rock formations for climbers or those who just want to marvel at nature
- Sequoia National Park: noted for its 350-step stone case that offers an incredible view of the Sierra Nevada Mountains
- Redwood State Park: the Fern Canyon’s untouched trail of thick greenery needs to be seen to be believed
Beach-goer? Nature lover? There’s something for everyone in Cali, especially if you’re looking for a place to unwind and focus on your well-being. It’s easy to assume that visiting California is beyond your budget, but not if you focus on spending time in the great outdoors.
Don’t neglect other activities that you may consider to be outside of your comfort zone, either. California is likewise noted for its caving, yoga retreats and pretty much any form of outdoor activity you could hope for.
From endless sightseeing to the ability to spend time in one of the country’s most amazing climates, the Golden State is worth the trek. So why not start planning your own trip ASAP?