As a child, I witnessed my mum telling white lies, for example, if she’d bought a new dress, she would hide it in the wardrobe and explain to dad that it’d been there for ages.
Mum lied a lot, mainly to keep the peace. This was normal to me, so when I became an adult, white lies were a big part of my life, bigger than I knew really. But what I didn’t realise is how those white lies can put you out of sync with the world, how those little white lies can torment your mind.
This is what really happens underneath the surface of a lie.
- We confuse the mind and it doesn’t know what to believe.
- We may feel guilt for we know deep down it is wrong. Even if on the surface, we feel ok about lying, underneath, the self conscious mind may be struggling, as this isn’t normal behavior, and so, the mind feels out of sync with what it perceives as reality.
- A lie will pull you away from your desired outcome because you are not in sync with the universe’s natural flow, you are going against it.
- A lie will always hold negative energy around it. Some people can feel that negative energy.
- You will always feel suppressed misery as the lie is not your true nature, it’s not what you’re really about.
- You will always have to think about your lie because it may re surface and bite you on the ass! This can cause a lot of internal stress.
- You will never be able to trust yourself, as you are holding lies.
- The biggest person you are lying to is yourself, and that will cause you to suffer in more ways that you know, mainly being unable to look people in the eye when you speak about this lie.
Did you know that you are a lair?
It has taken me many years to become aware of this trait and stop the white lies, as this was my conditioning, but not my destiny.
When was the last time you lied?
It doesn’t matter how small, the truth is always the best way forward because when you live by truth, you are free flowing, moving in the right direction, without resistance.
Sometimes the truth is super hard to tell, but the relief that comes with this, is far better than the turmoil that comes from lies.
If you live by truth in everything that you do, I’d love to meet you, because you are my kind of person that will only ever add purity to this world in which we need so much.
Love and hugs.