Are you getting ready to live a healthier life this year? The beginning of the new year is always the perfect time to make changes in your life. And one of the best ways is to eat healthier. You can do that by incorporating the 2020 superfoods into your diet! And this year, kale and jalapeno are two of the best superfood for 2020!
What are superfoods?
To make it simple, superfoods are foods that are packed with nutrients, making it very healthy. Although many would claim that the term superfood is just a marketing term coined in order to entice consumers, there’s no denying that there really are foods that are healthier than others.
Some of the superfoods that have gained popularity over the years include kimchi, tempeh, and kombucha. These are ingredients that you may not find in your local grocery. So for best 2020 superfood, how about let’s go with two ingredients that are cheap and easy to find?
Kale and jalapeno are common enough that you can easily spot them at the market or at the grocery. They are also cheap so you can buy tons of them and enjoy the many health benefits they are capable of.
Health Benefits of Jalapeno
Jalapeno has a lot of benefits, making it a 2020 superfood! Here are some of them listed below.
- It can help boost your metabolism – Are you looking to lose weight this 2020? Then it’s time to eat your jalapeno peppers! This superfood helps to not only suppress your appetite but also boost your metabolism. You’ll be able to burn more fat and lose weight over time.
- It can help relieve pain naturally – One of the best things found in these peppers is capsaicin. This compound not only gives jalapeno its spicy taste but it actually serves as a natural pain reliever. You will find many external products containing capsaicin that are used to treat conditions such as nerve pain and even rheumatoid arthritis.
It can help control your blood sugar – Not only does jalapeno help you lose weight, but it can actually help with your blood sugar.
Health Benefits of Kale
While there are many green, leafy vegetables that are super nutritious and healthy, kale is just a step above them. There are so many benefits you can get from kale. Did you know that one cup of this 2020 superfood and you will get Vitamins A, K, C, and B6? Not to mention magnesium, calcium and many more!
Kale is great on its own, in a salad, smoothie or a side dish to your main meal!
If you are looking to switch to a low carb, you should never pass up kale while grocery shopping. Some of the many benefits you can enjoy are listed below.
- It is high in fiber – Are there times when you find yourself suffering from constipation? The good news is that kale contains a lot of fiber which will help you have a regular bowel movement.
- It contains a lot of antioxidants – You’ve probably heard of antioxidants and how they protect the body against free radicals. They can help prevent diseases such as cancer and heart disease. The alpha-lipoic specifically found in kale can also help lower the symptoms of nerve damage.
- It may offer protection against heart disease and diabetes, among others – Aside from the nutrients listed above, kale also has potassium which can help lower the risk of heart disease and even stroke.
How to Incorporate Kale and Jalapeno in your diet
The great thing about kale and jalapeno is that they are so versatile! There are tons of recipes where you can incorporate them! It’s so easy to pair them with other recipes,; they can go with salads, sandwiches, pasta, and many more!
Not to mention the fact that both kale and jalapeno do not cost that much. So you surely won’t break the bank but still be able to live a healthy lifestyle.
You can even just eat them on their own. For example, just sauté kale with some garlic and add a squeeze of lemon and you’re good to go. You can also make it as a side dish during steak night!
As for jalapeno, you can stuff it with meat and cheese for some great snack or add it to this easy cucumber salad recipe for that extra spicy kick!
For jalapeno, make sure to. take care when handling them. It’s better to wear gloves when cutting them as they can irritate your eyes and mouth if you touch them after. you finish cutting the pepper. Also, if you are not used to eating spicy food, you can tone down its spiciness by soaking it in salted water for thirty minutes.